Joola Aruna off vs Dhs long 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Can you guys please compare these two blades.Which one has nicer feeling, has more dwell and more control.

Thanks

This user has no status.
I haven't used the Aruna Off but I can compare the compositions for you.

The Long 5 has Limba then Ayous as the outer plies.

The Aruna has hinoki then koto as the outerplies and seems to be the same composition as the Rossi Emotion blade. (The hinoki might give more dwell time?)

Both blades have an Ayous core. I'm not sure what type of fiber is used in the Aruna blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I think Aruna off uses Kiri core. How is kiri compared to ayous? Moreover does hinoki outer ply provide more dwell than limba outer ply?
I haven't used the Aruna Off but I can compare the compositions for you.

The Long 5 has Limba then Ayous as the outer plies.

The Aruna has hinoki then koto as the outerplies and seems to be the same composition as the Rossi Emotion blade. (The hinoki might give more dwell time?)

Both blades have an Ayous core. I'm not sure what type of fiber is used in the Aruna blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hey, you are quite on the journey, too. I can't speak for the ML5 but a blade I have mentioned a few times is the TPE Perform, which is supposed to be a higher-end version of the Rosskopf Emotion - all three, including the Aruna, being based on the same formula. I don't use composites and have limited grounds for comparison, so beware - but very clear, crisp feeling and I don't usually care about handles half as much as some people do, but that's one of the few times when I was impressed by one. From memory it does have a fairly distinct on/off characteristic, where you might just rely on the hinoki outer on soft shots or quickly barge into the koto/carbon backup and things take a very different turn (again, not my style of blade and you could say that about a lot of composites, so take that into consideration). Fairly low throw once things get going, as I remember it, and the rubber selection may play an important role. It depends on your style, that could be a deadly third or fifth ball weapon while my impression on the ML5 is that it also shines from a distance, but I am only relying on other people's feedback here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Ohh I thought that Aruna off will have a very high throw Cz of the soft hinoki outer ply.
Hey, you are quite on the journey, too. I can't speak for the ML5 but a blade I have mentioned a few times is the TPE Perform, which is supposed to be a higher-end version of the Rosskopf Emotion - all three, including the Aruna, being based on the same formula. I don't use composites and have limited grounds for comparison, so beware - but very clear, crisp feeling and I don't usually care about handles half as much as some people do, but that's one of the few times when I was impressed by one. From memory it does have a fairly distinct on/off characteristic, where you might just rely on the hinoki outer on soft shots or quickly barge into the koto/carbon backup and things take a very different turn (again, not my style of blade and you could say that about a lot of composites, so take that into consideration). Fairly low throw once things get going, as I remember it, and the rubber selection may play an important role. It depends on your style, that could be a deadly third or fifth ball weapon while my impression on the ML5 is that it also shines from a distance, but I am only relying on other people's feedback here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
The one I played with had OG Rhyzm on it both sides and yes, the combination did feel that way to me, even on the receiving end. Not extreme and certainly playable, just pretty straightforward. T05 may have been a different story. I know JC from the French brand of TT11 recommended Vega Pro or such on the Rosskopf, a blade he did a lot to popularize (is that a word?) and which gets a pretty strong fan club within the country. Looking at the video Aruna did with Dan using the same rubbers, he sure didn't seem too bothered and I just checked, Dan called it "medium". It's all relative, I guess, and I sure am not the authority within this crowd. It's a fun review, maybe start from there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I am actually playing with a pro version of Dhs long 5 which is Dhs w968 with andro R53 rubbers.Very nice dwell and feeling.It works great for me in big halls. I am playing one of my best table tennis at the moment with it.But in small halls it is a bit fast for me. So I was looking for a blade for small halls that still has very nice dwell and feeling but is slower so that it can compensate. Hope joola Aruna off does that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How the hall and the environment is impact how the hit is, can Also feel more or less fast. Stuff like that. Surprised If you have not noticed this. Ido not know If it have anything to do with big or small.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
How the hall and the environment is impact how the hit is, can Also feel more or less fast. Stuff like that. Surprised If you have not noticed this. Ido not know If it have anything to do with big or small.

Oh, interesting. I've heard about it before, but never felt it. I always play on gymnasiums, so I guess they're all kinda of the same environment and size.

So is it really so noticeable that affects your play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Do not compete much anymore so are really used to our training hall. I notice i have trouble If i go somewhere else now, But i think stuff like different Lighting also could influence my feeling of how i hit the ball.

Maybe the ball travel somewhat different depending on the air? Or eye hand coordination change because of different ligthing?