Table Tennis Shops UK

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hi,

I am trying to find somewhere where I can go and try out different blades and rubber combinations. I have always bought my equipment online so I stick with what I know.

I am based in the South (Oxfordshire) Does anybody know of any shops I can visit or any tournaments where their might be trade stores? I am prepared to travel to get this opportunity.

Regards

Duncan

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Hi,

I am trying to find somewhere where I can go and try out different blades and rubber combinations. I have always bought my equipment online so I stick with what I know.

I am based in the South (Oxfordshire) Does anybody know of any shops I can visit or any tournaments where their might be trade stores? I am prepared to travel to get this opportunity.

Regards

Duncan

There is only one TT store in Britain where you can walk in off the street, and that's Tees Sport in Middlesborough. The rest are internet businesses. There were once others; Playrite Sports in Streatham springs to mind as an example, but it's long gone now and there was no way you could have tried a bat in that shop because there wasn't room for a table !

The online retailers do sometimes run trade stands at TT tournaments ; you need to speak to someone who plays on the Grand Prix circuit or in VETTS to find out how prevalent this actually is. Remember that not every retailer sells every brand, so if one retailer sets up shop at a tournament then the equipment on sale is likely to be mainly from whichever brand that particular retailer majors on.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi