Saviga 77 Monster LP

Saviga 77 Monster Long PimplesDeception: High
Reversal: High
Wobble Effect: High

U1tAIPz.jpg

jMq8AAr.jpg

ab1l1b6.jpg

McxdXAS.jpg

I really thought this was still being under Dawei and when I took a quick look at the ITTF LARC I cannot find it under the Dawei brand but rather under Saviga itself. The last Saviga LP I have used was the Saviga V and it was a long time ago. Although it is described as a frictionless rubber, it is never one although it behaves like one sometimes. The pimple structure is very soft and bends easily when the ball is in contact with the rubber. I would say the pimples are softer than that of a TSP Curl P1-R or Donic Piranha and even Tibhar Grass. This is also only available in OX.

I glued this on a Sanwei Euro Chop blade which is more or less an off- if not an all + chopping blade. The blade is thicker than most modern defensive blades at 6.2mm. The Saviga 77 Monster LP was very slow when I was chop blocking in the backhand against forehand loops. It felt way slower than the OX Piranha that a friend of mine was using and also was slower than the TSP P1-R. I have to consciously move the paddle a little bit forward when doing chop blocks since it is too slow when doing against slow and not so powerful loops. With fast and powerful loops, I had no problem blocking and and chop blocking the ball. I think I am used to having 0.6mm sponge on an LP. I asked several people who are very good in defending using long pips and 2 even with modern defensive game style and all agree that the Saviga 77 Monster has more control compared to the TSP Curl P1-R, Tibhar Grass or Donic Piranha. The wobbling effect is also very high wherein a lot of the players including me playing against this LP witnessed how this is more wobbly compared to other major and more expensive LP's. This is probably the best OX LP under 20 USD due to its trouble effect, ease in chopping both near and far from the table. The spin reversal when doing chop blocks or full defensive chopping is as great as the other mentioned brands.

Last edited: