Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon (V1) - Rubber Suggestions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
A few months ago I purchased the Donic WSUC with Yasaka Mk V HPS rubbers on both sides. I really didn't get on with it, it was very slow and it just seemed dead.

I reverted back to my Butterfly TB all-round Blade with Yasaka Rakza 7S 2.0mm both sides - Much better.

I sold my WSUC to my practice partner who used it for a few weeks and she now seems to think it's dead as does a very accomplished player at our club.

Anyway, cut a long story short I'm now back in possession of the WSUC. I'm thinking of using it as an experimental blade, money isn't too much of a problem but I don't want to waste it on rubbers that definitely aren't suitable.

Having read the Revspin review getting the right rubbers are crucial for this blade, something to do with activating the carbon layers deep within.

Has anybody got any experience of using this blade and/or has anybody got any suggestions for rubbers that will realise its full potential? All suggestions gratefully received for consideration. Thanks.

This user has no status.
I have two friends who uses that blade.
I borrowed one last Saturday and played 10-15 minutes with it. Rasanter R47 2.0 on both sides. Good control.

In my opinion it is not a very fast blade. But with good feeling.
I would play with rather fast rubbers. Last month I tried another friends WSUC. Then with Dignics 05 Bh and boosted Nittaku H3 Turbo Bluesponge Fh.
Felt really good. I could easily play with that setup myself although i prefer euro/jap rubbers bh and fh.

EDIT: I can't understand how someone rated it OFF+. When we compared it to the regular Waldner Senso Carbon they were fairly comparable regarding speed and frequency.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I have two friends who uses that blade.
I borrowed one last Saturday and played 10-15 minutes with it. Rasanter R47 2.0 on both sides. Good control.

In my opinion it is not a very fast blade. But with good feeling.
I would play with rather fast rubbers. Last month I tried another friends WSUC. Then with Dignics 05 Bh and boosted Nittaku H3 Turbo Bluesponge Fh.
Felt really good. I could easily play with that setup myself although i prefer euro/jap rubbers bh and fh.

EDIT: I can't understand how someone rated it OFF+. When we compared it to the regular Waldner Senso Carbon they were fairly comparable regarding speed and frequency.

Thanks, I agree, OFF+ seems way off, I just put it down to the MK5 HPS rubber. However this rubber appears to have quite a high speed rating. I'm very curious to see how it will play with the new Butterfly Dignics rubber.

One thing I didn't like about this blade was the sound it made when the ball was hit. Very hollow almost hard bat sound. Again, I put this down to the wrong rubber. The handle is hollow which may contribute to the off-putting sound and I've read somewhere of a player filling the handle with something or other and sealing the end!

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I used Donic WSUC for 9 years. I played with Donic Sonex JP Gold on both sides. Later, I moved to Bluefire M2 on Forehand and Bluefire M3 on Backhand. The blade has a hollow handle and thus tends to be head heavy. I still sometimes use it with Rakza 7 on both sides which works just fine.
You can read my review about this blade in the equipment review section.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I used Donic WSUC for 9 years. I played with Donic Sonex JP Gold on both sides. Later, I moved to Bluefire M2 on Forehand and Bluefire M3 on Backhand. The blade has a hollow handle and thus tends to be head heavy. I still sometimes use it with Rakza 7 on both sides which works just fine.
You can read my review about this blade in the equipment review section.

Thanks very much. Nice review.

I have used Rakza 7 rubbers before but they were a little fast at the time. Now I've developed my shots I would be much more confident with them.

This leads me to a bit of a dilemma as I have some new unopened Rakza 7S rubbers that I was going to put on my spare TB All-round blade, now I'm tempted to put them on the WSUC. :confused:

Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks very much. Nice review.

I have used Rakza 7 rubbers before but they were a little fast at the time. Now I've developed my shots I would be much more confident with them.

This leads me to a bit of a dilemma as I have some new unopened Rakza 7S rubbers that I was going to put on my spare TB All-round blade, now I'm tempted to put them on the WSUC. :confused:

Thanks, I am glad that I was helpful and gave you some meaningful inputs. As I mentioned that the blade tends to head heavy due to hollow handle. You might want to get a softer/lighter weight rubber(s) if it becomes too head heavy. If you check my previous comments, I did mention using M3 on the backhand, the primary reason was to reduce the head heaviness. Also, not to forget that I like to use softer rubbers on my backhand.