Question on short pips fh for opening hitting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I have switched my playing style totally :) from inverted fh and short pips bh.
Now im using Dr. neubauer matador wood with 2 short pips.

Fh is Warran, bh is Gipfelsturm.

My question is if there are a better choise for a pip to fh if i wanna open up on serve recieving and loop and hit it hard??
I also have Razka Po, but i dont know if it is to soft for fh hitting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I would say that the more grippier and softer the easier it is. Rakza do not have somuch grip i think.

Better to focus on avoiding opening loops, If you open - work on getting the ball Low with good placement. Difficult to get alot of spin. Almost unsafe to try cause you need to accelerate very much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Waran is grippy enough as far as short pips are concerned. You should be fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
It seams that my Warran pips dont have much grip when im trying to loop with them. I only can loop 1 time and if I try looping 2 times in a row, then my second loop goes in the net.

If i should have a grippy short fh pips, whitch i can loop with good spin and speed, also to hit with. What short pip should it be then???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why would you want to loop two times?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Ive tried my new setup today with pips on both sides.
Maybe its me whos not good enough yet to loop with pips fh.
But it would be great to get some sin on opening loops with short pips, and then to finish the ball with a hit

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
You wouldn't really use short pips for looping twice. Short pips will help you negate a lot of the backspin to make the first opening loop. After it gets blocked or countered you want to be driving or flat hitting the ball more rather than trying to loop again.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
But it would be great to get some sin on opening loops with short pips, and then to finish the ball with a hit

What everyone is pointing at to you is the physics and strategy of using short pips, especially on the FH. If you want to keep looping after your first loop, then you need the kind of rubber that'll allow you and everyone else to do that: inverted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
if you are using short pips to loop against chop then the technique is similar to inverted but with a lot more control and a bit less power.

However against incoming topspin or block you need to Drive more: This involves taking the ball at peak bounce or earlier and sending the full face of the racket through the ball. In fact with the plastic ball there is a trend at international level towards taking the ball earlier and brushing less so as to force the opponent back more.
put simply:
against backspin open with a loop. then drive the next ball
against topspin open with a drive

Reactions: jammmail