Tenergy 64 vs Dignics 05 for BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Hello, I want to know how you experts would compare these two rubbers for backhand. Especially shots like loop against backspin and backhand counter-topspins.

I haven't found any comparisons between these two popular backhand rubbers.

I would try both but due to their cost I would like to spend my money wisely.

Is Dignics 05 worthy of the premium compared to Tenergy 64

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The thing with dignics 05 is that it is easier to use than either t05 or t64. T64 is faster and has asofter sponge. T64 also has a lower arc. I can say it is spinnier than t64 but i do not believe it is spinnier than T05. It is easier to produce spin than T05 because of it is very easy to handle and control but Dignics
O5 has a lesser bite that I felt against the ball when compared to T05.

This user has no status.
D05 usually produces more spin and T64 is usually faster. (Comparing D05 to T64)

(I’ve only tried them on very different blades rather than the same blade). (D05 on Timo Boll ZLF and T64 on ZJK SZLC).

That said, It probably makes more sense to compare Tenergy 64 to DIGNICS 64.

DIGNICS 80 is popular as backhand rubber at my club right now. Dan from TTD seems to be using it on backhand too. Unfortunately I haven’t tried it yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I have used Tenergy 05 on FH and am now using Dignics 80 past 2 weeks. I have used Dignics 05 on Bh last year but changed to Tenergy 05fx. As per Dans review it is definitely easier to use than Dignics 05. Easier to generate speed, I would say it’s inbetween T05 and Dig05 in terms of spin. It’s also easier to open up against backspin than Dignics 05. I can really feel it grip the ball.

I have not used T64 so cannot Compare. Only thing I can do is compare the Dignics. Past couple sessions I have been twiddling my bat which has Dig80 and T05fx to see which I prefer on Bh and I can say it’s definitely Dig80. During exercises I could really feel the spin difference even though my T05fx is 2 months old I remember is not being as grippy as what D80 is. During the sessions I also compared it to D05 I have on spare blade and I found D80 easier to use personally.

So I’m currently using Dignics80 on FH and will be getting a sheet for my BH as well.