Andro Rasanter R53 vs butterfly dignics 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

If anyone has played with these two rubbers.Can you please compare these two rubbers in terms of speed, spin and hardness.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

If anyone has played with these two rubbers.Can you please compare these two rubbers in terms of speed, spin and hardness.

Thanks.
  • R53 is significantly faster than D05
  • D05 has a significantly higher arc than R53
  • D05 top sheet has more grip and its easier to generate spin on slow Topspins and serves
  • R53 is less spin sensitive vs D05
  • R53 obviously feels much harder than D05
  • R53 gave me little feedback on how I struck a shot vs the D05
  • R53 plays more direct than D05. Its also easier to hit with the R53
  • R53 is better for away from the table play, D05 is better close to the table and mid distance

‘those are my observations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I agree with all of these points.

I tried both on the fh of a w968. Neither of these rubbers convinced me to switch away from H3N.

Here’s hoping D09C is the answer to boosted H3N.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks a lot for you reply.Have you even tried tenergy 05 hard? How are R53 and 05 hard different?
  • D05 top sheet has more grip and its easier to generate spin on slow Topspins and serves
  • R53 is better for away from the table play, D05 is better close to the table and mid distance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks again.What about R53 and tenergy 05 hard for forehand?
Super subjective but I would choose D05 over the R53 for the backhand. The D05 has more safety for me and I find it much easier to flick with it vs R53

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

I won't take away anything from these. A few small footnotes, maybe.

R53 is, indeed, very fast. I don't know about significantly faster than D05, but think it wise to be very upfront about one thing: D05 is a very fast rubber too. In my experience, the speed/rebound of both depends quite a bit on technique, with R53 being more modest on low impact, a bit more explosive on counterspins with deep contact, and (for me) more forgiving in near-the-table direct play.

I do subscribe to the notion that D05 makes spin creation easier on slow brush loops, but I'm not all that sure about serves.

My current €.02 is that between the two I've come to prefer R53. Strictly personal and perhaps due to limits in my touch/technique, it offers me a bit more safety in the difficult and important game aspect of serve reception. The power away from the table is nice to have, and when counterspinning the pressure in terms of both spin and speed is immense.

I would probably prefer D05 over R53 on the BH, but then again, on that side I actually prefer Fastarc G-1 over D05 by a considerable margin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I agree with yoass's caveats above. Dignics rubbers have a pretty unique feel IMO and are hard to compare with other options. R53 is brilliant (the best of the current ESN "hard" wave), but is more of a variation on previous ESN themes. Both fast with really good top-end power.

Something about the Dignics topsheet really suits my backhand. Something about the way it grabs at the ball, and delivers big spin without the twitchiness I feel with tenergy. If the durability holds up then it might make the retail price manageable. I'm on D64 at the moment - don't need the higher arc D05 brings.

On the FH side I'm currently on R53. It doesn't feel as hard as 53 might suggest - it's more like a 50-ish to me, but that might tighten up as the factory boost wears off. The best counterlooping rubber I've ever used. I've hit some real worldies with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Dignics rubbers have a pretty unique feel IMO and are hard to compare with other options.

I played with D05 shortly after its release and found the characteristics quite unusual, too. Hard feeling on frontal hits, topsheet starting to work on tangential hits. Not sure I´d like this.
t05 Hard is just like a glass plate to me.

It doesn't feel as hard as 53 might suggest - it's more like a 50-ish to me, but that might tighten up as the factory boost wears off.

I´ve had one for four weeks and I have another that has been pre-used by a pro (NOT a pro version, standard rubber). Both still show the effect of the energy cell sponge, feeling softer than expected as you say.

The best counterlooping rubber I've ever used.

Yeah ;)
Awesome power away from the table. Not my preferred game, but often what convinces higher ranked players (3rd league, 2nd league ...) of this rubber.

Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I played with D05 shortly after its release and found the characteristics quite unusual, too. Hard feeling on frontal hits, topsheet starting to work on tangential hits. Not sure I´d like this.

This is a good way of putting it! I find D64 to be more uniform overall, less of the split personality feeling. I'm still highly curious about D09C though.

Yeah ;)
Awesome power away from the table. Not my preferred game, but often what convinces higher ranked players (3rd league, 2nd league ...) of this rubber.

For the time being, I can live with 5 missed close-in shots if I get 1 amazing winner from 20 meters away. I won't win many matches, but I'm making memories.

Reactions: yoass and Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
After how long does the booster effect start to die on R53? About a month? After that can I apply a little layer of booster and is the rubber almost like brand new then?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
After how long does the booster effect start to die on R53? About a month? After that can I apply a little layer of booster and is the rubber almost like brand new then?

Mine is around a month old, like Airoc's, and I don't think it's changed much in that time. Too early to say how long it lasts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
From what I understand from reading reviews is that in the Dignics series The D80 is the one reviewers seem to prefer the most, even more then D05.
Even Dan said in his Youtube Video that D80 is the one that comes closest to T05.
He said D80 feels more softer comapred to D05 and D80 feels more stable then T05 for him.

So if you are planning to take a Dignics Rubber, maybe opt for the D80 then?

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Playing it for a little over 2 months now. I'm not feeling (and not seeing) degradation/wear.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
From what I understand from reading reviews is that in the Dignics series The D80 is the one reviewers seem to prefer the most, even more then D05.
Even Dan said in his Youtube Video that D80 is the one that comes closest to T05.
He said D80 feels more softer comapred to D05 and D80 feels more stable then T05 for him.

So if you are planning to take a Dignics Rubber, maybe opt for the D80 then?

If "close to T05" is the deciding criterium, why not just go with T05 then?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
That’s very interesting.No decrease in speed in 2 months.Rubber is very durable then.

Have you tried Tibhar Mx-s? Looking for a hard very linear rubber for my backhand that is great for blocking and very grippy.R53 is too fast for my backhand but perfect for my forehand.
Playing it for a little over 2 months now. I'm not feeling (and not seeing) degradation/wear.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
That’s very interesting.No decrease in speed in 2 months.Rubber is very durable then.

Have you tried Tibhar Mx-s? Looking for a hard very linear rubber for my backhand that is great for blocking and very grippy.R53 is too fast for my backhand but perfect for my forehand.

I'm not a high level player, but seem to be able to cope with the power envelope of R53 just fine.

MX-S works well for me too, and so does Gold Arc 8 (at 50º a bit more so than at 47.5º). Then again, so does Fast Arc-G1 at my FH.

For me, it's in the balance. I need some confidence in the short game (and serve receives), want consistency and a bit of pressure when opening up, and like power and reliability when counterspinning. These rubbers have that, but not all do — for me, anyway. When using soft rubbers, I start losing confidence in serve receives and have a hard time keeping the pressure on when forced a bit away from the table. Better players than me no doubt will do much better; I don't have Timo's touch and can only dreaming of doing what he does in serve receiving, touchwise.

Last edited: