Best Non Chinese Rubber for brush looping?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hello,

I just wanted to know what you guy's think.
What is the best Rubber for Brush looping on forehand?

There are a few Exclusions though.

1.) I don't like Chinese Rubbers like H3 (I don't want to boost, availability here, Quality etc).
So Chinese Rubbers are excluded for me.

2.) It seems that around 48 degree is my upper limit in hardness, anything else feels too hard for me.

So far in the Years Tenergy 05 suited me the best, but that hasn't stopped me for searching for a better alternative.
Rubbers I tried so far, for replacing T05.

Rasanter R47
Gewo Nexus EL pro 48
Tibhar MXP (I hated this one , I dont know why , it felt awkward for me)
Rhyzer 43

Hexer Powergrip and Rhyzer 48 are the ones I currently am testing both they both seem a notch worse then T05 for brushing.
The speed was always ok on these rubbers but the feeling for brush looping was always off.

Been thinking of trying Xiom series like O7 pro, Vega X. Maybe R53 ?
R53 is normally way too hard for me but people keep saying it feels soft.

So it would be nice to have input from you guys.
I like brush looping and slow brush looping.

What do you think is the best Rubber for this?
Is there something non chinese with a max of 48-50 hardness for this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Yeah, I'm not ready for 54 degrees
Sry, I missread your OP. Then Big Dipper 38degrees (chinese scale, translates to roughly 47.5-50 in the other scale) might be also an option for you. Less bouncy then typical ESN stuff. I recall it felt good regarding brush spin. You might want to check than one also.

This user has no status.
I switched from Rhyzer to Rhyzer Pro. The Pro topsheet is much better for brushing and I like it a lot. The topsheet is medium hard so Rhyzer Pro 45 plays more like a 47 degree rubber. (Pro 50 is great for me also. They both play very similar).

Of course if you want a hybrid tacky rubber, then that’s a totally different comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
So you are looking for a better rubber than Tenergy

hmm.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think most "brush" loopers prefer harder topsheets and sponges because it avoids the rubber band effect. You won't be able to achieve that at <50. If its too soft, you won't be able to generate much speed without "sinking in".

If you are willing to step out a little more, Omega 7 Asia actually has more grip than T05. Sponge is 52, but the topsheet is very soft, so doesn't feel overwhelming at all. Don't step down to the Omega 7 Pro, even though it fits your hardness preferences, that one is rubber-band galore and much slower.

My favourite is the Hybrid K1 Plus. But this one is 50+ and much harder topsheet than Omega. The original K1 or K1 Euro might work too, sponge just under 50.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Maybe you might try Nittaku Fastarc G-1. It is linear an it is slightly tackier than tenergy. So you can brush loop. If you are sure to use non-tacky rubber like h3, be ready for sponge engaging topspin stroke.

CLT-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think most "brush" loopers prefer harder topsheets and sponges because it avoids the rubber band effect. You won't be able to achieve that at <50. If its too soft, you won't be able to generate much speed without "sinking in".

If you are willing to step out a little more, Omega 7 Asia actually has more grip than T05. Sponge is 52, but the topsheet is very soft, so doesn't feel overwhelming at all. Don't step down to the Omega 7 Pro, even though it fits your hardness preferences, that one is rubber-band galore and much slower.

My favourite is the Hybrid K1 Plus. But this one is 50+ and much harder topsheet than Omega. The original K1 or K1 Euro might work too, sponge just under 50.

I am not gunna dis-agree with lasta and start a bush war on this continent, but for that type of stroke - A loop that has less solid contact... I believe there are two crucial things to look for.

They both involve how easy it is to get the ball into the topsheet and let topsheet wrap ball, plus getting a tangent of the sponge involved...

This means a topsheet that is very supple, has a not so firm pimple column structure, and a decently elastic sponge without a lot of immediate rebound.

You will need to feel each rubber yourself and know how it will work with your kind of impact. Usually, it is a rubber with a softer topsheet, easier pimple column, and softer, dynamic sponge that isn't crazy.

What I just described is the easiest to do that kind of stroke, but depending on your initial impact and how you control your bat at impact, you can also do it with the kind of rubber lasta describes (Although you would never see Der_Echte with that kind of impact) (However, just about every coach born in China sees my kind of loop (which is almost pure brush) and immediately tells me to swing more forward and more solidly).

FX-S is fine, HAMMOND is fine, Vega Pro is fine, 05FX once it is a little used is fine, and mostly the softer versions of the modern rubbers - maybe not the "Sound" versions though.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To continue, it is really depending on your kind of impact.

Some have a solid impact, then loosen some and turn.

Some have a fast bat more open face impact with a soft hand, then firm it and make max acceleration at impact - this is the grab and throw feel a lot of Korean pros teach.

Some have a somewhat loose grip and keep it pretty much the same without a ton of whip.

Some have a tight grip before impact - those really have to brush fine of ball flies all over the place.

Some have medium grip pressure to get the ball a little deeper into sponge and topsheet then firm and accelerate kinda feel.

So many impacts and the rubber choice will depend on your impact. I recommend the modern dynamic softer sponged rubbers for this, but again, it is very much player impact dependent and it is wrong for me to say THIS is the rubber for you without knowing your preference for ball striking and see/feel it on other end of table.

Reactions: splasher78
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am having the same problem as OP.
Maybe Dignics 09c might be a solution. Though I have not tried it, nor do I fancy spending 80 euros on it :D

Nah bro, you go down that rabbit hole, you gotta go ALL THE WAY and deck it out with a SUPER Mizutani with D09 on BOTH sides with $50 custom edge tape, a $100 bat case, a $200 gym bag stuffed into a $300 larger roller bag.

I tried Dignics and for my impact, I can only counterloop like a boss with that sucka, opening and control lower speed looping sux royal rox for me on that rubber, but that is me, some dudes just luv on the stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and you gotta list each spec and ask the forum members how it is and compare it to 55 other things... demand instant and complete analysis for free.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Sry, I missread your OP. Then Big Dipper 38degrees (chinese scale, translates to roughly 47.5-50 in the other scale) might be also an option for you. Less bouncy then typical ESN stuff. I recall it felt good regarding brush spin. You might want to check than one also.

I agree here. Even though Chinese. Big Dipper feels like a DHS Skyline NEO TG2, but it's a bit more control with the same amount of spin and tackiness. I never played a Euro/Jap rubber where I feel that the brushing works any good at all...