Pros racket and blade weight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
So I'm just interested in if someone knows what weight some specific pros have on their rackets and blades. I know pros prefer heavier blades, but for someone like Koki Niwa. He plays quick close to the table. What blade and racket weight does he have?

So I'm just interested in if someone knows what weight some specific pros have on their rackets and blades. I know pros prefer heavier blades, but for someone like Koki Niwa. He plays quick close to the table. What blade and racket weight does he have?

I think a more accurate question would be what blade and racket weight does Koki Niwa prefer? I’m guessing you will get a billion different answers. I’m aware that some pros and us non pros like me, prefer heavier setups for offensive type play and speed which I like because I’m an offensive player. But I wouldn’t doubt that there are a lot of pros who prefer lighter setups for whatever reason. Also keep in mind that a pro like Niwa is in top physical shape as part of his “job” as a pro player so what may be considered “heavy” to a non pro like me maybe “feather” light to him. This is a great question as I’d like to know the weight of his and others’ setups. It takes the “what blade and rubbers do pros use” thread even further. Which makes it more interesting imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
JO Waldner always wanted his blade with 88 grams.
And most pros play with blades with 90 or more grams.

I remember seeing a video recently where he talked about his racket and weight of the edge tape etc. It had no subtitles so couldnt really know what he was saying tho

I remember seeing that as well. Also there are some match photos of him online with weighted edge tape on his racket. If I’m not mistaken, he used/uses it to add velocity and stability during counter drives and power drives. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk