Zhang Jike ALC vs others blades alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
How Zhang Jike ALC ( that one i can buy on official butterfly website ) compare to others ALC blades like Timi Boll ALC or Innerforce ALC. I cant find review on youtube that's why im asking

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi there,
I am using ZJK ALC and TB ALC (both in ST handle, weight: ZJK ALC: 85 gms TB ALC: 86 gms). Mostly difference of handle. ZJK ALC - rounded ST handle. TB ALC - SQST handle. If you look at the wood composition - then both are same. From the finishing point of view, both are good. But ZJK ALC comes in a better packaging. Now if you see the butterfly website then both are price at 184 USD. So it is your choice what you want to play with. From FL handle point, ZJK ALC has a thicker handle compared to TB ALC.
From feeling point of view, ZJK ALC feels very slightly faster, but the ball feel with T05 on FH and T05FX on BH remains the same.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Im asking bcs i want change my current blade ( korbel JP tenergy 80 on fh and tenergy 05 on bh ) to somethink faster with more controle. Im not amoteur for sure

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Im asking bcs i want change my current blade ( korbel JP tenergy 80 on fh and tenergy 05 on bh ) to somethink faster with more controle. Im not amoteur for sure
Why not get one of the Innerforce blades. If you like ALC then innerforce layer ALC or Harimoto ALC. if you are using korbel then it’s outer ply is Limba which is same in the innerforce series of blades.
TB ALC outer ply is koto which is harder wood. There is review by Dan on utube of both the innerforce and Harimoto blade. Also there is review of apolonia ZLC which I use which is the same except the carbon is ZLC.
Dan infact went from using TB ALC for many years to now using the innerforce layer ALC for added control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I think the main difference is the handle and the balance of the blade . The tb alc is head heavy and the zjk alc has the weight more towards the handle.

For me the blade sits on my hand differently. The zjk sitting on my hand in neutral position , while the tb alc sits in my hand in more of closed racquet postion. Also the racquet head seems bigger on the tb alc to me for some reason , maybe because of the wings come down more.

Also imo , I think the zjk is better for driving the ball then looping , and the tb alc is better for looping and counter loop

Last edited: