Release date colored rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hi there, in an earlier statement ITTF said:

News just in at the 2019 ITTF Annual General Meeting in Budapest, the rule for different coloured rubbers has been approved. After the Olympic Games in Tokyo players will be able to use different colour rubbers on their bat, and not use the standard black and red.

But now the Olympic games are postponed
What does this mean for the colored rubbers launch?
Is that delayed too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I know a manufacturer who did not make the new colored rubbers yet. They said they do not think it is necessary as of the moment.

I´ve heard something similar.

Also, read this:

[FONT=&quot]If the 2020 Annual General Meeting in Busan accepts the proposition, the ITTF Equipment Committee will co-ordinate efforts in order to develop a list of authorised colour combinations; specifications being submitted to the Board of Directors for implementation after the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.[/FONT]

The general meeting was meant to propose colour specifications for decision and implementation.
Probably even that hasn´t been done, so no manufacturer knows which colours to make. Many of those presented here in a video seemed out of the range right away, darker blue etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
The T4 will have to be updated by the BoD first. The current T4 is only for black and bright red (with defined spesifications in the Munsell-system). So we will have to wait!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The colour rubbers come out after Tokyo I heard?

That was the plan. With the Olympic Games postponed there might be other plans, or they stick to it and introduce the rubbers in 2021, after Tokyo.

And this explains it well:

The T4 will have to be updated by the BoD first. The current T4 is only for black and bright red (with defined spesifications in the Munsell-system). So we will have to wait!

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Friends,
ITTF got now to update T4 Regulations pretty much. It should apparently take time a lot considering the traveling restrictions worldwide.
We have now veryfied technical specifications for red-colored rubbers, and we are now working for best optimal specifications on green and blue rubbers.

/Be happy/
9Ia3_8yc33U.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
No people playing in clubs means no one will be buying the new colored rubbers and that will cost a company a lot if they produce them now.

Yes, but I thought these things were already done.
I mean they were supposed to be launched this summer.
If the launch was mere months away, doesn't that mean they already made them in advance?

I mean, marketing campaigns had to be ready,product folders printed, advertising had to be booked and set up etc.
You don't launch this stuff in 1 week, so it was my understanding that these things were already set in motion, produced and ready to roll out.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I thought some brands were eager for this color change.
You see them every year trying to sell us something new.
So it would have been easy for them to come up with something new.(Even if it's just a color :p )

Like:
Rasanter with green sponge would go for green rubbers
Bluestorm would go for Blue
etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
"Bother" is not an issue. They need to wait for the T4, to be able to know how to get the racket coverings to get in to the LARC. If they don't know the tolerance for blue sponge under yellow rubber and so on, they can not produce it! They don't even know the hue/RGB of different colours and so on.

"Bother" is not an issue. They need to wait for the T4, to be able to know how to get the racket coverings to get in to the LARC. If they don't know the tolerance for blue sponge under yellow rubber and so on, they can not produce it! They don't even know the hue/RGB of different colours and so on.

Why in the hell does the word "bother", bothers you for its usage? Geeshh, i am only stating a few reasons why some companies did not BOTHER producing them because some believe it is not yet that profitable. I am speaking of some companies I know and I directly talk to that even if they are able to produce it there are still business considerations they need especially colors that are sellable.

Reactions: Mytoman
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Why in the hell does the word "bother", bothers you for its usage? Geeshh, i am only stating a few reasons why some companies did not BOTHER producing them because some believe it is not yet that profitable. I am speaking of some companies I know and I directly talk to that even if they are able to produce it there are still business considerations they need especially colors that are sellable.

Sorry :p. Bother didn't bother me much! Not my intention to be such a geesher... I see your point, there are business considerations. However, they would still need lots of inside information to be able to start now. Even if they have like a draft of the new T4, they still would need the BoD to say "ok" to the new T4, and then send the R-A form to ITTF/sample to the lab to get the new rubber approved (to be included in the LARC).

Sorry :p. Bother didn't bother me much! Not my intention to be such a geesher... I see your point, there are business considerations. However, they would still need lots of inside information to be able to start now. Even if they have like a draft of the new T4, they still would need the BoD to say "ok" to the new T4, and then send the R-A form to ITTF/sample to the lab to get the new rubber approved (to be included in the LARC).
I get what you are trying to point out about the specs of the colored rubbers but as what a few companies pointed out to me it is too early for them mass produce them even if the olympics went through and the approved specs have been released because 1 company even did a survey for the viability of the new colors and the results are not promising for the business side of it. It is either people do not care about the new colors or do not like to change their mon black rubbers into something flashy.

Reactions: Mytoman