Racket weight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Would Donic Appelgren Allplay + Dhs Skyline Tg 3 neo + Dhs Hurricane 3 neo set up be too heavy?

Would Donic Appelgren Allplay + Dhs Skyline Tg 3 neo + Dhs Hurricane 3 neo set up be too heavy?

Depends on blade weight. But normally TG3 and H3Neo are on the “heavy” side. Also keep in mind your blade may be “heavy” in grams but if it is well balanced i.e. not head heavy it may surprise you and feel lighter than it may seem. Best thing to do is try the setup for yourself. Only really you can determine if too heavy. And even still. After a while you will adjust and get accustomed to the weight. @upsidedowncarl had talked about this topic in depth recently. Very interesting read and insight on his part. Sorry I cannot repost the Thread as I’m at work right now. I will try later when I get home. To get the link to you.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
If i am not mistaken the world applegren has a hollow handle so with 2 chinese rubbers, it is head heavy.

It does, but that can be fixed. [emoji16] If you ask me, beast modding (a one time effort) is less of a hassle than a boosting regime. [emoji1008][emoji3541][emoji380][emoji3472][emoji382]

If i am not mistaken the world applegren has a hollow handle so with 2 chinese rubbers, it is head heavy.

You’re right Yogi. In theory it is head heavy. That’s why I say he should try it out. Because I’m
Currently using an Oversize Classic with WRB handle with H3 Neo and T05 and surprisingly it is not head heavy at all. It’s actually one of my most balanced setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the standard Donic Appelgren allplay has a solid handle?

You’re right Yogi. In theory it is head heavy. That’s why I say he should try it out. Because I’m
Currently using an Oversize Classic with WRB handle with H3 Neo and T05 and surprisingly it is not head heavy at all. It’s actually one of my most balanced setups.

IF it will be head heavy, he can try and place a rubber grip at the tip of the handle and try to see if it reduces the head heaviness.

Apparently the standard Donic Appelgren allplay has a solid handle?

Or is there another blade for about the same price that is an allplay?
Not familiar with the price of Xiom All Around S in your area but that is a better blade than Applegren all play and also has a very nice feel. A more expensive similar blade is the Stiga Azalea All.

Reactions: splasher78
Is the Dhs power g7 off similar?

I dunno if you referring to the DHS PG7 blade but if you are, it is more of an off- 7 ply blade. Despite being a 7 ply blade, it is slower and has a softer feel than the regular clipper wood. More or less PG7 is near to the characteristics of Xiom Solo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I think it is hollow too. I might be wrong.
Senso version has hollow handle,
eng_pl_Blade-DONIC-Appelgren-Allplay-Senso-V1-1345_1.jpg

non senso has full handle.
Griff_240.jpeg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
It is possible to still be hollow but somebody who has removes the handlw can probably confirm it.
True, so the non senso is less hollow then senso.

I would like to add though, as an owner of Appelgren Allplay Senso, that I would suggest against comparing this blade with most of chinese tacky rubbers. That combination is very head heavy (I used it with Jupiter 2) and molasses slow. If you really want it, I would suggest boosting rubbers. Or maybe buy Donic Waldner Senso V2, it should be same as Appelgren, but thicker which should make it somewhat similar to Korbel. I personally love Donic blades, they have very good feeling usually.

Last edited:
Depends on blade weight. But normally TG3 and H3Neo are on the “heavy” side. Also keep in mind your blade may be “heavy” in grams but if it is well balanced i.e. not head heavy it may surprise you and feel lighter than it may seem. Best thing to do is try the setup for yourself. Only really you can determine if too heavy. And even still. After a while you will adjust and get accustomed to the weight. @upsidedowncarl had talked about this topic in depth recently. Very interesting read and insight on his part. Sorry I cannot repost the Thread as I’m at work right now. I will try later when I get home. To get the link to you.

[mention]Kamiruku [/mention] here’s the thread I was referring to previously regarding weight check it out some good insight in there from a bunch of experienced players

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?23032-Weight-of-blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk