Which all+ blade?

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, I am allround player with lot of blocks, topspins and underspins. Also I play better fh than bh.
Anyway, I had butterfly Innerforce layer alc with donic m3 and bf 80fx on fh but all is to fast for me.
I am interested in all wood blade in all+ speed. So, I have a question, can you compare these 3 blades:
Xiom Diva
Yasaka extra sweden
Xiom allround s

My rubbers are currently bf 80fx on fh and andro hexer grip sfx on bh.
I would like to have medium blade also in term of hardness, so can you compare these 3 blades in:
1. Speed
2. Hardness
3. Control
4. Serve sensitive
6. Any other info and what do you recomend.

Best regards and hope we will start playing table tennis soon...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi, I am allround player with lot of blocks, topspins and underspins. Also I play better fh than bh.
Anyway, I had butterfly Innerforce layer alc with donic m3 and bf 80fx on fh but all is to fast for me.
I am interested in all wood blade in all+ speed. So, I have a question, can you compare these 3 blades:
Xiom Diva
Yasaka extra sweden
Xiom allround s

My rubbers are currently bf 80fx on fh and andro hexer hrip sfx on bh.
I would like to have medium blade also in term of hardness, so can you compare these 3 blades in:
1. Speed
2. Hardness
3. Control
4. Serve sensitive

Go for Xiom All-round S

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: mat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Both of those threads are about offensive blades though...That's a bit faster than op wants...

What is the difference between an All+, Off- or Off blade?
Not very big in my opinion. Not within some brands, but perhaps between some brands.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
What is the difference between an All+, Off- or Off blade?
Not very big in my opinion. Not within some brands, but perhaps between some brands.

I think the difference between All+ and Off is usually very noticeable. If someone wants to have an All+ blade he is prolly conscious enough to follow through with this decision. Especially when he already has an Off blade and want something slower... Xiom Offensive/Allround S is good option.

Reactions: Metaxa and mat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Xiom Diva
Yasaka extra sweden
Xiom allround s

My rubbers are currently bf 80fx on fh and andro hexer grip sfx on bh.
1. Speed
2. Hardness
3. Control
4. Serve sensitive

Not a direct comparison but maybe useful: Two of my current setups are quite similar. One is a Persson Powerplay with H3 39° on FH and FastArc G-1 on BH (total weight 178 g, blade 88g) the other is a Sweden Extra with H3 39° on FH and FastArc C-1 on the BH side (177 g, blade 87g, shortened to about 155 mm).
1. The Sweden Extra setup feels and plays much more head heavy than the PPP setup (even my 78g 729 F-1 with B2 on FH and Powergrip on BH feels less head heavy than the SE, total weight 182g today)
2. The SE feels slightly softer but has somewhat less feedback for me. The SE vibrates more imo but the feedback is not as pronounced/sharp/clear as the PPP or the F-1.
3. Speed: My SE is on par maybe a little bit slower than the PPP (both PPP and SE are slower than the F-1)
4. Control: Less control than the PPP and F-1 setup due to 1. and 2.
5. Serve sensitive: See 4.
6. Hardness: Top ply is Koto for the PPP and F-1 vs. Anegre on the SE so quite similar according to https://stervinou.net/ttbdb/lexik.php
7. SE setup was played only for around two weeks before Covid-Shutdown
8. Sanwei Green Even: Slower (but not much slower) than PPP or SE, similar crisp feeling as the PPP with maybe more spin
9. Best flared handle for me without tape/modifications: 729 F-1/PPP, than Sanwei Green Even and than SE. I prefer large handles (best so far i.e. playable without any tape/modifications was a Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition but I prefer (slower) 5 and 5+2 blades...)
10. Green Even and PPP are very cheap despite their performance and feeling.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga Allround Evolution is a really good All+ blade. But any of the ones you listed should be fine.

Appelgren Allplay would be good too. It is listed as All instead of All+ but it should still be fine. It is a really good blade and might be worth it to use that. Especially since you are still using rubbers that are quite fast and spin sensitive.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
tx, from your experience what is the difference between Xiom Allround S and Stiga Azalea Allround? Which you like more? Blade size of Azalea allround?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
tx, from your experience what is the difference between Xiom Allround S and Stiga Azalea Allround? Which you like more? Blade size of Azalea allround?

Look. I have to be honest with you. You are looking at the wrong issues. If you took two cue cards and wrote Azalea Allround on one and Allround S on the other, put them on a dart board, blindfolded a hot blond and had her throw darts until one of the two cue cards was hit, and that was the blade you got, it would be a good choice.

Someone else's experience is not going to tell you what you would feel with the blades. Everyone's hand feeling is different which is at least part of why so many people like so many different things. If you want to get both and tell us how they feel different to you, that would actually be more important to your choosing the one that is better for you than for any of us telling you what we feel.

Both are good blades. Choose one...or both. If there is an issue of money, get the less expensive one because they are both good. If money is not an issue and you are on the fence, you should get both, use one for three months, the other for the next three months, and then keep the one you are more attached to and sell the other or keep it as backup.

But this decision is a simple one. There is no wrong decision because those are both fine blades. There are lots of other choices that would be fine as well. As long as the choices are in that category of solid choices, the more important issue is practice....training.

This is a different choice than weighing options on blades that cost $165.00 USD. It is common for players to get something expensive like that when it may not be the best choice for them. But still, down the road it may be a great choice. But either of the blades you are thinking of do seem to be a good choice for what you most likely need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuba Hajto and mat
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Here we are, at barely 1/2 of 24 hours and we have a dozen plus responses to an equipment thread topic that has been asked, over-analyzed, over-discussed, and replied in literally HUNDREDS of threads on this forum (and just about any other forum)…

... yet not even half a day went by you see a flurry of talk.

We open a thread on much-needed topics of any important component of a stroke, like say the bio-mechanics or impact dynamics and what contributes...

... we open a thread like that you have to bust out the defibulator on that sucka after days of CPR just to get 2-3 posts...

That is how it is on TT forums and why Der_Echte is sometimes a little cynic. Many of the long-time experienced players sometimes feel the same, but they have much better self-restraint in these moments at 4 AM east coast time zone during a restricted period.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Tx to all for reply, so based on information I am between Xiom Allround S and Stiga Azalea Allround.

By the way is Stiga Azalea Allround blade size 157x150 ?

If you send me additional selection or any compare info between these 2 it would be great.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Here we are, at barely 1/2 of 24 hours and we have a dozen plus responses to an equipment thread topic that has been asked, over-analyzed, over-discussed, and replied in literally HUNDREDS of threads on this forum (and just about any other forum)…

... yet not even half a day went by you see a flurry of talk.

We open a thread on much-needed topics of any important component of a stroke, like say the bio-mechanics or impact dynamics and what contributes...

... we open a thread like that you have to bust out the defibulator on that sucka after days of CPR just to get 2-3 posts...

That is how it is on TT forums and why Der_Echte is sometimes a little cynic. Many of the long-time experienced players sometimes feel the same, but they have much better self-restraint in these moments at 4 AM east coast time zone during a restricted period.

I do understand where are you coming from. I would like more threads about learning strokes, movements, footwork etc. but I also understand people who make equipment threats.

You have no idea just how much this forum, Dan's videos etc. could help a person like me without a real coach, living in a country where there are only 2 table tennis shops only in the capital city and you don't know anything about equipment, only knowing that they love this sport and want to progress. I went on a table tennis shop and saw dozents of blades and rubbers with huge prices and I was really clueless. I made a thread here and actually you have helped me the most when you said screw the reviews, just buy an off-/all+ blade with any controlable rubbers and see it for yourself. I ended up buying the setup I am now using and I'm loving it, but I don't know what would I end up with if it wasn't for this forum.

You yourself know those threads won't stop, but they can be very helpfull for some people. I know you are probably tired of it, that is why you and all of us should try to push more of those important but disregarted subjects.

I understand that this post of yours was just what you had in mind at the moment and you had to write it but you should know you have probably helped a lot of people including me. :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I mostly agree with the feedback. Xiom allround S is the closest to an all+ blade, YSE being all. Diva, being Off- is not that big of an upgrade from all+ though. And still noticeably slower than Innerforce alc.
Don't have firsthand experience with the blades other than YSE, which is a bit too slow for my taste.. but ->

I'd recommend checking the revspin reviews:
https://revspin.net/blade/xiom-diva.html
https://revspin.net/blade/xiom-allround-s.html
https://revspin.net/blade/yasaka-sweden-extra.html

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is this thing about equipment. It is the case in many sports, even fields. My sister is an artist and an art professor and she goes crazy with paint brushes and different kinds of paint. So.....it is not just TT. But it is worth understanding that, for TT, most players at a level lower than extremely high, the choices that matter are simple and not specific.

Like, if most players below the level of an elite amateur (someone on the verge of semi-pro level) used an all wood, All+ or Off- 5 ply blade and a simple middle of the road rubber (same rubber on both sides unless you are using a hard tacky rubber on FH) that allows you to do all strokes, those are the most important details. Every brand has a few versions of the blade I just described and every brand has a few versions of the rubber I just described. Which model you choose for blade and rubber is less important than that you use something that fits the description above.

If the OP had tried the blades in question he would be able to say, "I really like this one better than the other one." And that would be the real way to choose. But without trying first hand, either blade will be excellent. Either blade will help him develop and improve. Either blade will help him improve a bit faster than the awesome but expensive and fast blade he currently has (IFL ALC).

But that blade he already has was still a good investment because, the value will not go down much. It may even become more valuable over time. And he will be able to go back to it in a few years and feel how good that blade is. But, he has made a hard but intelligent choice in realizing it is too fast for him.

I also have a feeling that an Off- blade would be fine as well because the difference between All+ and Off- is not so big. But, the blade he chooses will be good for him for many years; even if at some point he upgrades to something faster or goes back to the IFL ALC.

But the important thing is, he is looking at the right equipment, and at a certain point, there is not much more he can do to find just the right blade if he cannot try the different options for himself. Other people's opinions of these blades will be based on their actual skill level, how good they are at feeling things and how they uniquely feel things. So everyone will have different opinions about how various blades feel. Which is why reading online reviews of equipment can easily get you in trouble if you take what people say to seriously without knowing who is saying it and their level of touch and feel.

BTW: an example of this in action: Blades that are: Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba.....I love how they feel. There is something great about how they feel to me. Spruce gives this great feeling when it is under Limba. But I like the playing characteristics of blades that are: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba better because they grab and hold the ball a little harder since the second Limba ply makes the Limba-Limba blade construction have less spring, less bounce, and even less feeling of character. So for me, the blade that feels better on the offhand offensive shot, does not play as well or allow me to do quite as much with the ball. But I am not going to expect that other people will feel the same thing or have the same experience.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Tx to all for reply, so based on information I am between Xiom Allround S and Stiga Azalea Allround.

By the way is Stiga Azalea Allround blade size 157x150 ?

If you send me additional selection or any compare info between these 2 it would be great.

yes, the Azalea Allround is 150mm x 157mm
It is a fairly lightweight blade; mine is 81.2g
Unless you use a viscous glue such as Nittaku Finezip, I recommend sealing the blade surface.
A nice blade, though similar to other All+ blades.