Need help and advice on old rackets

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Hi All,
Hope you're staying safe during these times.

I have gotten back into table tennis due to the current circumstances and I have been using my rackets that I got from Japan when I was there in the 90s. I was wondering if I could have your opinion on these rackets and what to get for them to overhaul them. I know I will need new rubbers, edge tape, and new glue (apparently Butterfly Clean Chack is illegal now?). I have the following two rackets:

1) TSP Control with Spectol rubbers on both sides. I measured the sponge with a ruler and its only around 1mm thick. I know that Spectol is supposed to be pips out but these ones are pips in (I don't know why). I find that the control on the rubber is decent but that the ball sometimes bounces off the racket a little too much. Perhaps it is my technique? I also find that I backhand push really well with this setup and the front topspin shot is also very good as well. I am looking to replace the rubbers and edge tape for this. What do you folks recommend for this setup?

2) Kokutaku penhold blade with a Kokutaku Spindle. I measured the sponge to be around 1.8mm thick. I am looking to keep this racket exactly like it currently plays. What rubber do you folks recommend?

Please note that I have been playing with 38mm celluloid TSP 3 star yellow balls that I got from when I was in Japan. I also have played once or twice with 3* Kevenz 40mm and found that it is more dead feeling.

Pics below:

bQsZMdv.jpgcVgCL4k.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Thanks!