Backpacks for table tennis and every day use

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Mate, a backpack is a backpack. I get people who ask for blade/rubber advice, but a backpack?

Just go to to store and buy a backpack, stiga or butterfly ones will probably cost a lot more money because there is stiga or butterfly logo on it. Just buy a normal backpack. I have bought adidas backpack 2 years ago and it broke in a year and I have some no logo backpack for 3/4 years now and I have used it for school, football,...

But if you want to look cool or something buy those stiga/butterfly backpack for way more money than they should be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I will give you another approach. I had similar problem. I have a big sport bag, like 50l and I have a separate backpack for daily use. When I leave home I put backpack into the big bag, and carry the big bag. Then I usually the bagpack out of the bag and leave the big bag in the office or in the car. It is a convenient solution if you have access to locker, car or whatever else trusted handy storage. This way you carry only what you need when you need. It might be specific to my situation though.

Hello guys!
I am looking for a new backpack for going to the practice and for also every day use!
Could you recommend me some bags?
I have been looking at some of the butterfly bags and also stiga edge grey!
Thanks!

I have two of this and I love them >

Nittaku Honeycomb Daypack.jpg

I also have two matching Nittaku Honeycomb Tour Bag

Nittaku Honeycomb Tour Bag.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No backpack is going to be as good as one that comes from a company that makes backpacks for things like camping:

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/surge-nf0a3etv?variationId=B9M&_br_psugg_q=surge+backpack

I have had one of those backpacks for about 10 years and it is still holding and sturdy. And I definitely destroy things. And that backpack is deceptive and will hold a lot more than you would ever imagine. But it holds the weight as close to your body as possible which makes it so you can carry more weight. A pack that juts out too much when it is not full will feel heavier and break more easily.

Reactions: KM1976
says Aging is a killer
OP needs a backpack from a TT company. But make sure that said company supplied all the other kit; shirt (with your name on the back), shorts, socks, shoes, blade and rubbers. This way, all the kids will think that you are sponsored.
Don't laugh. Lots of TT kids do that. They usually say that they are "part sponsored".
Choose Stiga, Butterfly or maybe Donic as they give out the most sponsorship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marko
says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
I recommend a sack , something like what AmiciSumus has posted, I don't know about the rest, but when I need to carry shoes(clean socks can be stored in the shoes),racket case, water bottle, 2 t-shirts, shorts and a towel(one more more depending if there are showers where you train) most backpacks kind of don't fit all that shit.

I too found a big bag to be much more useful, especially one with lots of pockets. If you go to the club from the office, for example, you would want to carry a change of clothing along with all the TT accessories and clothing, in winter you would want to have in addition a warmup jacket and pants, then there are shoes, wet shirt, towel, etc. So I switched from a Stiga bag (~40 liters) to a Donic bag (~60 liters) and am really happy with it. I particularly like the two large outside pockets at the ends which can hold shoes and wet clothing.

While researching bags, I found Yasaka make good bags too.