• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
That is a tough won.... i guess Ma Lin won against Wang Hao when it was most important! :( the day i remember well and i was routing Wang Hao for my life haha! Hmmmm perhaps they are of equal level :p .... wang hao did reach olympics final in 2004 aswell... and was unstoppable for a very long time...

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
How is this difficult? WLQ has won three world championships, the most important event in the sport (an upon checking I see he beat ML in the finals of two of them). ML, none. Waldner did not win three world championships. Wang Hao might do it, but hasn't done it yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
That is a tough won.... i guess Ma Lin won against Wang Hao when it was most important! :( the day i remember well and i was routing Wang Hao for my life haha! Hmmmm perhaps they are of equal level :p .... wang hao did reach olympics final in 2004 aswell... and was unstoppable for a very long time...
i think you misread the title dan...it's about ma lin and wang liquin,not wang hao:D

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
WLQ not once but TWICE had stretches of 24 months or longer where he was ranked #1 in the world (and Ma Lin was frequently #2 during these periods). This is remarkable.

The longest single stretch in which Ma Lin was ranked #1 in the world was 8 months, which he did once.

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
Ma Lin undoubtedly, his game is complete

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ma Lin is much more unique and contributed more to the sport than WLQ, who is just another prototype on the Chinese development path for shakehand power player. I think Ma Lin has also aged better than WLQ. Ma Lin lost the athletic side of his game long ago, maybe even as early as 2003 is when he moved away from the hyper-athletic style he came up on to the scene with and has still been able to achieve success even at the top level for long after that. Obviously WLQ has more dominant during his prime but his success is more due to an emphasis on conditioning than the finesse and variation we value more in table tennis.