Blade Repair by SDC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This Viscaria needed some love. I could have replaced the whole top ply, but that would mean removing the handle. So, there were more things that could go wrong. The transition is very smooth and a new sealing will prevent more splintering in the future.

IMG_20200430_115949.jpg

IMG_20200430_120007.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
This Viscaria needed some love. I could have replaced the whole top ply, but that would mean removing the handle. So, there were more things that could go wrong. The transition is very smooth and a new sealing will prevent more splintering in the future.

Lovely job. How does it play though? Is there any difference in how center and sides feel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Are you adding blade repair to your list of services? Maybe handle swapping also?

BTW, I bought the 'unwanted' custom blade from you, (koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto, originally 93 grams but seems to have gone down to 90) and finally got a chance to hit some balls with that blade (with T05), just wanted to let you know that it has a wonderful crisp feeling and I am sure I will at some point give it an extended run.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Lovely job. How does it play though? Is there any difference in how center and sides feel?

Great job.Is it still the same blade and the same feel and is there any change in the way it plays

I didn't get to play with it, it's not my blade and also because of the quarantine. I will have to wait for the owner to give some feedback. But I'm sure there is not gonna be any difference, it's just a jointed top like so many blades out there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Are you adding blade repair to your list of services? Maybe handle swapping also?

BTW, I bought the 'unwanted' custom blade from you, (koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto, originally 93 grams but seems to have gone down to 90) and finally got a chance to hit some balls with that blade (with T05), just wanted to let you know that it has a wonderful crisp feeling and I am sure I will at some point give it an extended run.

This is something that I already did in the past, I've just never posted it. Well, I think I've posted a repair of an old 1 ply, maybe I should post it here to keep it organized. I also do handle swaps, in fact I did one for a pro player ;)

I really liked the feeling of that blade, very solid. If you could give a more detailed review it would be great!

Last edited:
  • Love