Nittaku Sieger PK50

This user has no status.
Nittaku is releasing new rubber Sieger PK50.
Made in Germany
50deg ESN hardness pink sponge.
Sieger means "winner" in German.
Speed: 14.75 Spin:12.75.
Slower than Fastarc series but spinnier on paper and also cheaper.

Some test videos on youtube from Japan as they seem to got early access to samples.
Please share your experiences under this topic.

pk50.jpgpk50.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
In the last days I have tested the SPK 50, at first at the robot and later in real training-matches. I can verify that the rubber is slower than the G1 and also slower than the Dignics 09C, which has a similar characteristic.

I can also verify that the SPK50 is at least as tacky (if not tackier) than the D09C and therefore skinnier than the G1 in the short game.

The SPK50 seems to be less spin-sensitive in the passive game and (because of the slower speed) it is easier to control in the pure passive game than the D09C. For players who do not attack aggressively, because they prefer to bring the table 1x more often back on the table than the opponent and who prefer soft looping instead of power loops, for these players the SPK50 is a very good choice.

I am missing the direct feeling and the precision of the D09C. Therefore I will go with the D09C although I hate Butterfly for their crazy prices. But in the other side the D09C is several weeks on my paddle and still performs very well.

I am not sure, if the 50 in the name of the SPK50 is really an indication for the hardness, because the rubber feels softer than the Rasanter R48 which also does not feel really hard. And also the Faster G-1 feels harder to me.

At least for me the soft feeling was a surprise. Some players will be happy with this, others may say, that it feels a bit too soft (indirect).

If someone is interested in testing the SPK 50, I can offer 2 of them (black super thick + red thick), big enough to fit to any "normal" size and in 99% like new condition, both together for 60€ shipped within Europe.

I believe 40 in DHS/China rubber measurement and 50 in German Rubber Hardness using Google Translate.

Spinnier's Twitter and Facebook accounts posted the information that it's 40 in the ESN scale. Frankly, though, I am having a very hard time believing that. Besides that, 40 degrees in the scale used by DHS is quite above 50 in the German scale. My bet is that there is perhaps a specific topsheet-sponge synergy in case of PK50, making the rubber feel like a much softer rubber.

Reactions: Ray
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Nittaku PK50

In the last days I have tested the SPK 50, at first at the robot and later in real training-matches. I can verify that the rubber is slower than the G1 and also slower than the Dignics 09C, which has a similar characteristic.

I can also verify that the SPK50 is at least as tacky (if not tackier) than the D09C and therefore skinnier than the G1 in the short game.

The SPK50 seems to be less spin-sensitive in the passive game and (because of the slower speed) it is easier to control in the pure passive game than the D09C. For players who do not attack aggressively, because they prefer to bring the table 1x more often back on the table than the opponent and who prefer soft looping instead of power loops, for these players the SPK50 is a very good choice.

I am missing the direct feeling and the precision of the D09C. Therefore I will go with the D09C although I hate Butterfly for their crazy prices. But in the other side the D09C is several weeks on my paddle and still performs very well.

I am not sure, if the 50 in the name of the SPK50 is really an indication for the hardness, because the rubber feels softer than the Rasanter R48 which also does not feel really hard. And also the Faster G-1 feels harder to me.

At least for me the soft feeling was a surprise. Some players will be happy with this, others may say, that it feels a bit too soft (indirect).

If someone is interested in testing the SPK 50, I can offer 2 of them (black super thick + red thick), big enough to fit to any "normal" size and in 99% like new condition, both together for 60€ shipped within Europe.
Hi there, do you still have the rubbers available ? and are they still 99% new ?
Regards

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Thanks for the review.

Have you had a chance to try Rakza Z and if so, could you please compare SPK 50 to it and also to H3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Sorry, I can not compare it to H3 although I also tested some H3 in the past. I know that this rubber has lots of friends, but for me this is a horrible rubber, because 1) the playing skills can be totally different from one (commercial) H3 to the next, 2) lots of provincial or national H3 are 100% fake rubbers and not better than any commercial H3, with the same differences from one rubber to the other. I will not buy any more H3 in the future.

I bought the SPK50 and also the Rakza Z as possible cheaper alternatives to the Butterfly Dignics 09C and I can verify that the Rakza Z is much closer to D09C than the SPK50, because SPK50 is clearly softer than both other rubbers. Rakza Z is still softer than D09C but not as soft as SPK50. I did not test the Rakza Z Hard, but this rubber could have a similar feeling to the D09C. Nevertheless: although the feeling is a bit softter than D09C the overall playing-skills of the Rakza Z are not so far away from D09C. Maybe Rakza Z could be a bit harder than D09C, maybe between D09C and an unbolted H3. But these are only my thoughts. Like I wrote: I did not test the Rakza Z Hard.

Once again: For me the Rakza Z is the best alternative to D09C in the moment. But there is still a little bit power missing compared to D09C.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Sorry, I can not compare it to H3 although I also tested some H3 in the past. I know that this rubber has lots of friends, but for me this is a horrible rubber, because 1) the playing skills can be totally different from one (commercial) H3 to the next, 2) lots of provincial or national H3 are 100% fake rubbers and not better than any commercial H3, with the same differences from one rubber to the other. I will not buy any more H3 in the future.

I bought the SPK50 and also the Rakza Z as possible cheaper alternatives to the Butterfly Dignics 09C and I can verify that the Rakza Z is much closer to D09C than the SPK50, because SPK50 is clearly softer than both other rubbers. Rakza Z is still softer than D09C but not as soft as SPK50. I did not test the Rakza Z Hard, but this rubber could have a similar feeling to the D09C. Nevertheless: although the feeling is a bit softter than D09C the overall playing-skills of the Rakza Z are not so far away from D09C. Maybe Rakza Z could be a bit harder than D09C, maybe between D09C and an unbolted H3. But these are only my thoughts. Like I wrote: I did not test the Rakza Z Hard.

Once again: For me the Rakza Z is the best alternative to D09C in the moment. But there is still a little bit power missing compared to D09C.

Thank you!

I've tested Rakza Z and quite like it although I expected it to be tackier and it barely is. Would you say D09C is tackier then RZ, same, or the other way around?

Ray

This user has no status.

Ray

This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Spinnier's Twitter and Facebook accounts posted the information that it's 40 in the ESN scale. Frankly, though, I am having a very hard time believing that. Besides that, 40 degrees in the scale used by DHS is quite above 50 in the German scale. My bet is that there is perhaps a specific topsheet-sponge synergy in case of PK50, making the rubber feel like a much softer rubber.

Thank you for crediting my social media accounts as the source. Although I'm striving to announce information as soon as possible, I have been trying to avoid publishing of any unreliable information at the first place. Furthermore, sometimes I have to wait for a quite some time to announce some information because I have to respect my sources as well as manufacturers and their business secrets.

Regarding Nittaku Sieger PK50, information about its sponge hardness of 50° according to the German standard is official and therefore confirmed:

https://www.nittaku.com/products/rubbers/post-58

Unfortunately, manufacturer didn't provide any information whether 40.0 degrees is on DHS/Chinese scale or according to Butterfly/Japanese standard.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Thank you!

I've tested Rakza Z and quite like it although I expected it to be tackier and it barely is. Would you say D09C is tackier then RZ, same, or the other way around?
Yes, in my eyes D09C is a bit tackier than Rakza Z.
In this point SPK50 is nearer to D09C.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thank you for crediting my social media accounts as the source. Although I'm striving to announce information as soon as possible, I have been trying to avoid publishing of any unreliable information at the first place. Furthermore, sometimes I have to wait for a quite some time to announce some information because I have to respect my sources as well as manufacturers and their business secrets.

Regarding Nittaku Sieger PK50, information about its sponge hardness of 50° according to the German standard is official and therefore confirmed:

https://www.nittaku.com/products/rubbers/post-58

Unfortunately, manufacturer didn't provide any information whether 40.0 degrees is on DHS/Chinese scale or according to Butterfly/Japanese standard.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, I thought that DHS and Butterfly use (or did use) Shore A scale, most of the others use Shore O scale.
source of info is ‘table tennis rubber hardness explained’ by TableTennisNerd.
cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I bought this Sieger in hope that it would play similar to DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, with some difference that would work in my favour. :) Well it turned out that it didn't. My copy is a red one with 2.0mm sponge (Super Thick) ;). Lately I have tried DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, DHS Skyline TG2 NEO, Yinhe Big Dipper, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, Yinhe Apollo 5, Sanwei Target National on my forehand, and latest now Nittaku Sieger PK50. The feeling I get, when brush looping, is that it doesn't work so well. I think that the ball digs into the softer top sheet, and the catapult effect that I'm used to is just absent. It's not a bad rubber. It just don't work the way I thought it would. SPK50 has a bit softer feeling compared to harder Chinese rubbers. Slower looping game fits this rubber nice. Short game is good with plenty control and spin in all directions.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I bought this Sieger in hope that it would play similar to DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, with some difference that would work in my favour. :) Well it turned out that it didn't. My copy is a red one with 2.0mm sponge (Super Thick) ;). Lately I have tried DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, DHS Skyline TG2 NEO, Yinhe Big Dipper, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, Yinhe Apollo 5, Sanwei Target National on my forehand, and latest now Nittaku Sieger PK50. The feeling I get, when brush looping, is that it doesn't work so well. I think that the ball digs into the softer top sheet, and the catapult effect that I'm used to is just absent. It's not a bad rubber. It just don't work the way I thought it would. SPK50 has a bit softer feeling compared to harder Chinese rubbers. Slower looping game fits this rubber nice. Short game is good with plenty control and spin in all directions.

Yea, having tested Rakza Z, same thing, it remains a tensor and plays nothing like a Chinese rubber.

A bit of topic but, I've been testing unboosted H3 Neo lately and am interested in what you have to say about DHS Skyline TG2 Neo, Yinhe Big Dipper, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, Yinhe Apollo 5 and Sanwei Target National in comparison to H3 Neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Yea, having tested Rakza Z, same thing, it remains a tensor and plays nothing like a Chinese rubber.

A bit of topic but, I've been testing unboosted H3 Neo lately and am interested in what you have to say about DHS Skyline TG2 Neo, Yinhe Big Dipper, Yinhe Moon Pro Hard, Yinhe Apollo 5 and Sanwei Target National in comparison to H3 Neo.

I think in short. The Skyline TG2 NEO is a lot like H3N, but a bit more controllable and a little bit slower. Big Dipper is great. Similar to Skyline, but It feels lighter, and the trajectory isn't so long. A bit more feeling. Perhaps not as good as H3N in brush loops, but goot enough and you get more control. 38 deg is the best I think. Moon Pro Hard is similar in speed to H3N, springier and has a lower throw and quite good feeling. Not so tacky. Apollo 5 is different. Hard, fast, low throw. Works good with brush loops, but also with harder flat hits. Really nice. Target National was the biggest disappointment. Don't know if I got a bad one, but it's very tacky. Hard and very heavy. Not quite that catapult effect when brush looping as the earlier mentioned rubbers. Not anywhere near the other rubbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I think in short. The Skyline TG2 NEO is a lot like H3N, but a bit more controllable and a little bit slower. Big Dipper is great. Similar to Skyline, but It feels lighter, and the trajectory isn't so long. A bit more feeling. Perhaps not as good as H3N in brush loops, but goot enough and you get more control. 38 deg is the best I think. Moon Pro Hard is similar in speed to H3N, springier and has a lower throw and quite good feeling. Not so tacky. Apollo 5 is different. Hard, fast, low throw. Works good with brush loops, but also with harder flat hits. Really nice. Target National was the biggest disappointment. Don't know if I got a bad one, but it's very tacky. Hard and very heavy. Not quite that catapult effect when brush looping as the earlier mentioned rubbers. Not anywhere near the other rubbers.

Thank you!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

By the way, do you boost or not?