Ways to Glue and Cut Rubbers

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am just posting this video because it shows cutting with a scissor. But it also shows a razor.

There are several ways to cut rubbers. Some people use a razor. Some people use scissors. Some people draw the outline of the rubber and cut before attaching. Some people glue on first and then cut the rubber while on the blade.

With Gluing, the two important things I can think of are, making each layer of glue thin and even. And letting each layer of glue dry fully so it is clear.

With attaching, a lot of videos show people using a roller to press the rubber on firmly. I used to do that, using my forearm to roll. But, at some point I decided rolling stretches the rubber so, after getting the rubber onto the blade without bubbles, I press flat trying not to stretch the rubber.

You guys who are experienced at gluing and cutting rubbers, feel free to jump in and explain how you like to glue, attach and cut. Feel free to post videos you think show how to do it well. Also, feel free to make your own video showing you attaching rubbers.

This thread is to help anyone who has never attached new rubbers and does not really know how. So, you guys who are experienced, jump in and give tips as you like.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I'm not anal about "perfect fit", but I find attaching a 1-2mm side tape before cutting helps alot. If you ever take off the rubber and try to re-attach, you don't have to worry about stretching to fit.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl