PDA

View Full Version : Long pips on Carbon blades?

Dman
05-06-2020, 05:08 AM
I’m just curious to know whether long pips belong on carbon blades or not. Examples, Timo boll ALC or Andro Treiber CI with a tsp curl p1r on the backhand.

Der_Echte
05-06-2020, 06:08 AM
It is almost like the Koreans have a national law that OX LP Grass D-Techs is to be played using an OFF++ carbon blade.

it depends on what you are trying to do.

Those ladies punch with their pips, a fast, stiff blade works great for that shot... plus, they like to step around and flat KILL high balls, that kind of blade is great for that too.

yogi_bear
05-06-2020, 06:53 AM
If it is for an attacking LP style evem pure carbon blades can be used.

Dman
05-06-2020, 07:16 AM
thank you! I would also like to know whether carbon blades with carbon as the inner ply would be suitable for cut defence away from the table.

Lula
05-06-2020, 07:56 AM
I think like they say above, that if you stay close to the table och push. then a carbon blade proably is good because it proably is pretty hard with low arc. Do not want high arc close to the table pushing.

mart1nandersson
05-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Chopping with sponged Curl P1R on a fast carbon blade is absolutely doable for an amateur as the rubber is fairly slow.

Blocking or pushing with Grass Dtecs OX using the same blade requires magical touch as the rubber is insanely fast.

Joo Se Kev
05-07-2020, 01:38 PM
I find the TSP Trinity Carbon to play really well for away from the table chopping.