PDA

View Full Version : Mizutani vs Sergey (Training Hall)

TableTennisDaily
02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
World number 9 Jun Mizutani gave Sergey Elizarov a hit in the training hall! I am unaware of Sergey's ranking or who he is. I have googled him he seems to have played in some cadet and junior opens.

Anyways enjoy the video, it is fun :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/junthall.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFZRvJRLNME&feature=g-all-u&context=G2a96307FAAAAAAAAAAA

Enjoy

marcosmadrid
02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
hahaha i think russia keeps
one good player for the future lol

Tek101
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
I like when Jun looks like he wants to take a nap when the Kid is looping lol

dguerra
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
is my idea or generally the tops players are funny and amusing when they are not compiting??

jedimasterplk
02-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I dont thnk Mizutani looked like he was falling asleep when the kid was looping at all Tek101.... that kid can play, and not much worse than some people I have seen Mizutani hit/warm up with from his Japan team.
So, sorry, I have to disagree with you there... also, some people seem to think pro players are sort of superhuman - well, having hit with a few myself- let me tell you, surprise, surprise )) they are NOT. In fact, the ones I hit with - I can generate as much as, and more, power than they could. The difference of course is in consistency - they are consistent to a massive degree. Power and technique - not impressed.

azlan
02-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Jun was a perfect gentleman. It's wonderful to see him with sense of humour. The kid was struggling to keep the ball in play when Jun cranked up his FH:) Great fun!!

jedimasterplk
02-24-2012, 12:53 PM
He was. Jun looks like a really nice bloke. I hope I can get his autograph when he comes round for the Olympics this year.
On a side note, Jun is a pro - the other chap is at best, a good hobby player - and not a bad one either.... if you were Jun Azlan, you would be thinking 'this chap is not half bad'.... I suppose he was thinking exactly that - which is why he cranked up the forehands))) he would not do that against a basement level player would he?

azlan
02-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah, you gotta point there Jedi. I would certainly dish out my specials if I think the boy can take the heat, and I would like to see what he has got. :)

Matt Hetherington
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Nice pretty cool video and what an awesome opportunity :)

Matt Hetherington
02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm with Plo Koon on this one too haha I remember a top tennis player (maybe Agassi in his book) saying that in training you would find it hard to see the difference between a player ranked top 200 and a player ranked top 10. The pure difference in matches was in consistency, execution and mental toughness.

YosuaYosan
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Jun is playful haha :D

Its amazing to see how fast his loop is remembering that his loop is not the fastest in the world's top players :eek:

TTHopeful
02-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Jun was a perfect gentleman. It's wonderful to see him with sense of humour. The kid was struggling to keep the ball in play when Jun cranked up his FH:) Great fun!!

I would love to play Jun.... Must be so difficult to smash the ball pass him!

TTHopeful
02-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm with Plo Koon on this one too haha I remember a top tennis player (maybe Agassi in his book) saying that in training you would find it hard to see the difference between a player ranked top 200 and a player ranked top 10. The pure difference in matches was in consistency, execution and mental toughness.

Totally agree! Once the game is in a match type situation, players are noticeably different :)