Mizutani vs Sergey (Training Hall)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
World number 9 Jun Mizutani gave Sergey Elizarov a hit in the training hall! I am unaware of Sergey's ranking or who he is. I have googled him he seems to have played in some cadet and junior opens.

Anyways enjoy the video, it is fun :)

junthall.jpg

Enjoy

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
I dont thnk Mizutani looked like he was falling asleep when the kid was looping at all Tek101.... that kid can play, and not much worse than some people I have seen Mizutani hit/warm up with from his Japan team.
So, sorry, I have to disagree with you there... also, some people seem to think pro players are sort of superhuman - well, having hit with a few myself- let me tell you, surprise, surprise )) they are NOT. In fact, the ones I hit with - I can generate as much as, and more, power than they could. The difference of course is in consistency - they are consistent to a massive degree. Power and technique - not impressed.

Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
He was. Jun looks like a really nice bloke. I hope I can get his autograph when he comes round for the Olympics this year.
On a side note, Jun is a pro - the other chap is at best, a good hobby player - and not a bad one either.... if you were Jun Azlan, you would be thinking 'this chap is not half bad'.... I suppose he was thinking exactly that - which is why he cranked up the forehands))) he would not do that against a basement level player would he?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I'm with Plo Koon on this one too haha I remember a top tennis player (maybe Agassi in his book) saying that in training you would find it hard to see the difference between a player ranked top 200 and a player ranked top 10. The pure difference in matches was in consistency, execution and mental toughness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
I'm with Plo Koon on this one too haha I remember a top tennis player (maybe Agassi in his book) saying that in training you would find it hard to see the difference between a player ranked top 200 and a player ranked top 10. The pure difference in matches was in consistency, execution and mental toughness.

Totally agree! Once the game is in a match type situation, players are noticeably different :)