Promorac Carbon off+ vs photino

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
hello
i would like to switch blades. i play with a primorac carbon but i want better control & not so hard feeling,also keeping the speed of primorac or a little slower.
photino seems the ideal choice...has anyone play with both blades?

photino vs primorac
faster?
better control??
feeling?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I have played with the primorac off+ carbon and it wasn't until I changed to a new blade that I was able to realise that it really lacked control and feeling and had too much hardness and speed. I changed to a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade which is more controlled and is carbon with a hollow handle and has a lot more feeling in it. I don't know about the photino but I would definitely say give it a try, changing off the primorac carbon will help your game I think :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
also is anyone who has played with xiom zetro quad??
mostly i care for better blocking & feeling.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Interested in the zetro Quad info as well here.
Seems to me Haris, you are looking for a Boll spirit blade. It should suit you perfectly!
The Boll ALC would also be great, but yet again more expensive...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
olvarox,
innerforce ALC i have it in mind. photino+xiom are is same levels of speed. what about the speed of alc comparing to primorac??
it's ok about the price..i will keep it for many years..i hve primorac the last ten years.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
olvarox,
innerforce ALC i have it in mind. photino+xiom are is same levels of speed. what about the speed of alc comparing to primorac??
it's ok about the price..i will keep it for many years..i hve primorac the last ten years.

You should also look into the Innerforce ZLF. That is the best of those blades that Butterfly makes. Perfect balance of speed, feeling, control and dwell time. The Photino feels okay close to the table but there is something strange about it and further from the table there is a big drop in power. It is missing something. Not so for the Innerforce ZLF. It has more control, feeling and dwell time than the other Butterfly technology blades but it is good from all ranges, close, short game, looping short balls, and attacking from any distance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Innerforce/Boll and any other thin 5+2's will be really different and require a lot of adjustment....even if their top speed is close to Primorac Carbon the response will be much less linear. They are slower on touch shots and some of them can be almost the same speed as Primorac Carbon when you hit very hard. Zetro Quad and Photino are both better choices, but I have switched between Xiom and Butterfly before and the way the handles are made, the blade head is located differently relative to where you grip. If you change from one to the other, your hitting will miss the sweet spot of the other very slightly...it may take a few weeks to really adjust. Maybe you can consider Amultart....it is between Photino and Primorac carbon, but maybe that won't be a big enough difference for you. Photino and Zetro Quad fit your criteria though. I have not played with Innerforce ZLF before so I cannot say...but I have used or hit with a lot of thin 5+2's like Viscaria, Mizutani, Boll ZLF, and now my Boll ZLC and I can say for sure they are quite different from my old Xiom Strato which is really similar to your Primorac Carbon (6.8-7mm hinoki-carbon)...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
MildSeven, how is the block with a xiom/photino??
for photino the manufacter gives a high value. it is a main reason that i choose that one.

This user has no status.
Hi Haris,
I have a photino and played with it for a year, tenergy 05 both sides, the blade is fantastic for blocking and attacking topspin, loop and counter punching through spin. However it is quick and if like me your technique still requires fine tuning then maybe not the blade for you. It has a catapult effect ( I know your thinking it was my tenergy) even with Sriver L on it that I could not control. Lost a lot of points long of the end of the table. I have gone back to a wooden blade now.

If you have very good technique its worth the investment - especially watching your opponents face when the ball flies past them.

Good luck

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
thank you all for the info.
i found xiom zetro quad in a very attractive price and i ordered it.
with a bit slower rubbers i think i will have what i am looking for.
i really would like to try xiom with tacky rubbers.

Last edited: