Could someone help me out on which short pips rubber is most suitable for me?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Which short pips rubber is most suitable for me as a c-penholder?

I am currently using a Ma Lin Extra Offensive penhold racket, and i've been thinking on when to change my forehand inverted rubber into a fast, short-pips rubber. My choices are Yasaka Rakza PO, Nittaku Moristo SP, or TSP Spinpips Blue (i like blue sponge). Can any equipment expert help me out here?

(btw, i'm still on an amateur level, so don't think that i'm immediately going to change rubbers)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
If those 3 rubbers are the only options, then The Spinpips will be the easiest to use coming from inverted and depending on what you want to achieve could be the best choice for a forehand SP in any case.

However if you just want to try SPs out than you could be as well to get a sheet of cheaper Chinese pips like 802-40.

Another good allround SP, that I think would work as a forehand rubber and coincidentally has a blue sponge is Spinlord Wyvern.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
If fast is the goal then Spectol Red. Of your three choices Rakza PO. If it is good for Falck as a fh rubber, should be okay for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Of your list, the Spinpips will be the spinniest but also the slowest. The Moristo is a bit faster and crisper for flat hitting. Never tried the Rakza.

I've gone through 2 sheets of the Blue, but make sure you use a nice stiff and solid blade. More than 1 person told me it felt a bit dull.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How Do you want to play? Think many old penholders used pimples with somewhat less grip till get a more straight arc. I think a softer grippier short pimple rubber Would be the easiest in beginning. Rakza not so much grip. Moritso no glue effect? I think you should try victas vo 102. The middle hard with one with grip. Not sure if the name is correct.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
How Do you want to play? Think many old penholders used pimples with somewhat less grip till get a more straight arc. I think a softer grippier short pimple rubber Would be the easiest in beginning. Rakza not so much grip. Moritso no glue effect? I think you should try victas vo 102. The middle hard with one with grip. Not sure if the name is correct.

Currently, I play the modern way (RPB (im still learning)). If i were to have short pips, then I would either switch to traditional style or a RPB dominant style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Try it! Fun way of playing. Godot get spin on the baxkhand so the ball Will go high for the forehand. I have Tried alot short pimples recently because they basically stop doing mine. With a grippier you Will not get somuch effect and it is more like an inverted. But it is proably saffrans easier on the first ball. I have used the victas i mentioned and the spinpips blue. More spin in the latter But prefered the victas. Using joola express ultra now. Pretty good. Not as much grip as the ones just mentioned But Can still make spin.