Fast zlc blade with slow rubber vs alc blade with fast rubber

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Professional players are capable to control speed of the blades and they are technically proficient.

Personally, I tried various pro combinations, paid money to replicate setup; however, every player is unique, you can try to copy someone's equipment and playstyle, but it takes years of practice to generate that level of spin, speed and precision.

Hence, I took it as a lesson that If I am a better player at serves and loops, I'd play in such a way that helps me to enhance those skills, rather than imitate a pro player and mess up my brain to enforce a new skill which I need to master first.

I would suggest, try different wood combinations with a rubber that you feel confident to play with.

e.g.
Core: Balsa, Ayous, Kiri
Medial: Ayous, Limba, Spruce, Mahogany
Outerply: Limba, Koto, Ebony, RoseWood, Hinoki
Composite: ALC, ZLC, T5000, ZLF

Coming to rubbers:

At a high level, I would categorize rubbers+sponge into 4 types:

Typical Chinese sticky rubber
European (ESN based)
Japanese
Hybrids

Try all of them once for a real match, it will help you decide which one is the best for you.

You can always follow the trend of Inner Composite blades and Harder rubbers, but, I am sure this will change pretty soon once the CoVid situation is gone and equipment manufacturers are back in business in a normal way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Which ALC blades are classed as OFF-?
Most DHS ones. They put OFF or even OFF+ for marketing but it is wildely overestimated. For instance, DHS H301 that I have is classified as OFF++ but is barely OFF, maybe even OFF-.

Viscaria, Stiga Intensity, Clipper etc...non of these are crazy fast blades. They prefer control over speed. That is why all-wood blades are so popular in China for lower-class players. Top-class players use ALC, but try to get the most controlable ones.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk