Seek recommendation for controlled spin set up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Hi fellow TT lovers

I have a Samsonov Pro Black (7 ply, Limba), and a Viscaria (ALC, koto top).

My backhand is my stronger side. Forehand is developing you can say.

Up until lock-down, I was using a slow 7ply limba blade, and was able to initiate with BlueStorm Z1 quite well. Whereas my forehand was more comfortable with a bouncier rubber like Evolution ELS/Barracuda. The blade is quite damage, so I might move on to those two blades mentioned above.

I did have a chance to try Viscaria with Z1, barracuda, and Mark V.
I found Z1 good for the forehand, but Barracuda and Mark V felt too soft on this blade....

Does Koto top ply makes it less compatible with softer rubbers like Barracuda and Mark V ? should I bother trying Mark M2? or just slap something like Rakza 7 on it.

which rubbers do you guys recommend for Samsonov Pro Black (7 ply, Limba), and a Viscaria (ALC, koto top). No tenergy, of cause ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I think you shouldn't expect more spin with koto alc blade than slow limba blade. Koto has crispy ball contact. Because ball stays less than softer blade. Professional players indicate that the reason they switched to alc blade is to adjust faster game with new ball.

If counter topspin, fast ball exchange, high tempo don't describe your game, then you might think using your old blade or if you still want more speed, an inner carbon blade.

I use Timo Boll ALC which is same composition and thickness. If I don't whip my arm quickly, I am not able generate enough spin. On the other hand my Virtuoso-(limba) blade generates arc and spin even when forehand drive

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I guess you can get used to the speed difference it but it depends how much time you did spend with your old blade.

I think blade composition creates the %70 ball feeling. For example, Tenergy 05 on limba blade feels soft, springy and spinny on the other hand, it feels duller and harder, less springy on Timo Boll ALC.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: virtuososiu