Hurricane 8- lost lot of tackiness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
3 weeks ago i got a new h8 mid-hard rubber, and after 4 training sessions( i been washed my rubber after every session with water) each 1 hour, the rubber lost all of his tackiness, expect for a little spot on the bottom of the rubber.
I tried to get my money back or another sheet, but i didnt get.
Someone have any explanation for this/ way the return the tackiness? ( my english is bad).

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Did you put a protector sheet on after each use? It's essential for tacky topsheet.

Any pics?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
yes, i put a protection film, i know this rubber not suppost to be bouncy, but he realy is

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
@ Omerspin

Hi, my Dear

I would suggest that you try for some "magic rubber" that is designed specifically to remain tacky forever due to a magic chemical formulation. Dr. Henry Fischer is the formula originator, patent registered of the year 1934.
Double Fish is now a true beneficiar of this formula.

/Be happy/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Its probably your environment. Is your house/club really humid/dry or hot/cold? The environment can hurt all equipment. You might also be going overboard with water washing your rubber. I just exhale on my rubber in a way were I can use the watervapor from it to wipe off dirt with my hand. But if you don't like that, just put less water on your rubber and don't wash it as hard. You might also want to get a zipper for your paddle if you don't have one already.

My h3 neo never looses tackiness and I don't put any film on it or clean it with some special cleaner. for me my h3 neo lasts about half a month playing daily before it breaks and I get a new one, but even the ones that I have laying around from about a half a year ago are still tacky.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
My club floor is really dusty, and after 10m of playing after my coach made my costum racket, both side the h8 and the gold arc 8(which is not suppost to be tacky rubber) where full in dust.
And when i clean my rubber i take a paper and fold him, put a bit of water on him, and wash my rubber until i see that there is no dust.

Jan 2018
By paper do you mean printer paper, paper towel, toilet paper, or tissue paper?

Do you have any pics?

papertowel_featured_300x300.png

330px-Toiletpapier_%28Gobran111%29.jpg

330px-Taschentuch.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I clean my rubber with the second picture, im sorry i wasnt able to discribe it in the other post because my english is not good, and i didnt know the right word to describe it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
The paper towel is not to use on the topsheet at all. You put a bit of water, you spread it by your hand, then you use the paper towel to dry your hand, and continue to clean the water by your hand.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
All I can say about dust is that I never had any issue with it. I had for almost a year a sheet of Kokutaku 868 which were full of dust every day, I cleaned them with a bit of water and the tackyness never gone, it's been my wife who broke them with a knife after a tournament.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I have used Chinese tacky rubbers for several years now. The H8 is usually very tacky at first. More than H3 NEO I think. The H3 NEO keeps it's tackiness a bit better than H8 after a couple of months play, but not by much. Just clean it with water in a simple spray bottle (one push) and swipe it almost dry with a normal cleaning sponge (not the white/green side), and keep it in a normal 2-3 litres plastic bag. This is only my recepie :) I use to clean it between every match or even between the sets as well to keep my grip.
facebook.jpg
sprayflaska-100ml.jpg
51%2BE-wbirKL._AC_.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
If the club is humid you loose tackiness.
Happened to my H3 neo national.
But when ist not humid the tackiness is back.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
There’s rubber cleaning products available along with sponges from most manufacturers, these can be used at intervals of a week or so, water and sponge during practice / matches, at the end of a session. You can also buy film protection sheets and similar products, these will protect any rubbers, tacky or non-tacky.
As for the Hurricane 8, don’t worry to much if it losses it’s tackiness, I used a sheet for 6 months and it performed better after the tackiness reduced after a couple of weeks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
I can attest that the mineral oil trick works better than revolution bio cleaner once normal cleaning with distilled or soft water and a soft sponge aren't good enough.

When my rubber lost its tack, I put three layers of hair clipper oil, which I presume is mineral oil, and it absorbed into the rubber like magic!

After that, it easily picks up and holds a ball again! Now all I need is a soft sponge, as perhaps the paper towels I was using are too abrasive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
Turns out the oil I used meant for hair clippers is petroleum distillate rather than mineral oil. Only difference is that mineral oil is distilled out of crude at a higher temperature.

I just now tried it on a six month old Victas V-15. Three coats and it's slightly sticky, lifting the ball, but not holding at all like the h3n did-- a definite improvement though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I've always used protective sheets on rubbers ever since I was little, back then what we did was just use a little bit of water to wipe the rubbers clean, and immediately put the film that came with the rubber back on it. And never have I had a rubber loose tackiness for the 20+ years I've played table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I've always used protective sheets on rubbers ever since I was little, back then what we did was just use a little bit of water to wipe the rubbers clean, and immediately put the film that came with the rubber back on it. And never have I had a rubber loose tackiness for the 20+ years I've played table tennis.

By immediately you mean while the rubber is still wet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

By immediately you mean while the rubber is still wet?

Yes, when it is still wet. But remember that's in the early to mid 90's, rubbers were very different back then, and we were kids trying to make sure the plastic film stick to the rubber as best as we can without bubbles. Now when I'm putting on protective films I wipe the rubber clean with cleaning solution, wait for it to dry, and put the film on.