Stiga Infinity VPS V

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
What are your opinions on the Stiga Infinity VPS V blade? Can someone make a small review on it? And how does it compare to the carbonado blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 2 reviews
I tried the Infinity VPS V and the Carbonado 45, and I would say that both blades are different creatures - it is likely comparing an apple and an orange, in the sense that one is an all-wood blade while the other is a carbon blade. The Infinity VPS V is noticeably slower than the Carbonado due to the lack of carbon. As someone who uses Chinese rubbers, I found the Infinity VPS too slow to use with Chinese rubbers, and it is more for allround play. Whereas Carbonado 45 is more suitable for controlled attackers. Let me know if there is any other aspect of comparison which you would like to know about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I tried the Infinity VPS V and the Carbonado 45, and I would say that both blades are different creatures - it is likely comparing an apple and an orange, in the sense that one is an all-wood blade while the other is a carbon blade. The Infinity VPS V is noticeably slower than the Carbonado due to the lack of carbon. As someone who uses Chinese rubbers, I found the Infinity VPS too slow to use with Chinese rubbers, and it is more for allround play. Whereas Carbonado 45 is more suitable for controlled attackers. Let me know if there is any other aspect of comparison which you would like to know about.

I'm likely going to use either DNA H or Victas V15 Extra. Thanks for the reply.

says [IMG]
Used Infinity VPS for several years and still use it now and then.
This is not an allround blade if you use EUR/JPN rubbers. Sure, as an all-wood blade it's not as fast as Boll ALC or other carbon/arylate blades, but if your gameplay is mainly attacking with topspin, it's a great blade. It gives you a decent level of control, although the flex makes it sometimes a bit "jumpy" for short play.

There are some concerns about the built quality. I own 2 blades and both of them are still in good condition.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Used Infinity VPS for several years and still use it now and then.
This is not an allround blade if you use EUR/JPN rubbers. Sure, as an all-wood blade it's not as fast as Boll ALC or other carbon/arylate blades, but if your gameplay is mainly attacking with topspin, it's a great blade. It gives you a decent level of control, although the flex makes it sometimes a bit "jumpy" for short play.

There are some concerns about the built quality. I own 2 blades and both of them are still in good condition.

I've seen many people saying that it lacks power away from the table. I'm a bit of a creative player so I can sometimes be away from the table. What's your take on that? Can it be played away from the table too?