Omega 7 vs Rakza Z, what's better?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
So since there are literally over 20 million different blade/rubber combos possible, and since I have no life, I've spent alot of time analyzing rubbers.

I've been using Omega 7 Hyper on backhand, Hurricane 3 National on forehand but switching it around has felt more natural, prefer H3 throw angle on backhand.

Hyper actually has too many gears, from table edge, the difference between hitting too soft to go over the net and flying the ball too far isn't ideal, but the max speed is unbelievable.

H3 on backhand is good, but getting automatic catapult on blocks and better punches would be preferable, as well as not constantly having to clean it.

Feel like I've found the top contenders but I haven't tried any of these 3 yet. Between Rakza Z, Rakza Z Hard, and Omega 7 Pro/Asia, which is the best, especially for backhand, if you don't want low throw, and have a need for speed and spin?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I wasn't sure if I want to keep the same hardness as Hyper for backhand, but the Tour has a noticeably higher throw angle and a bit more catapult right? Would be a nice option if that's the case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Geez, that makes it even more complicated. I can't find a full on review of those, but looks like 55 and 60 degrees. Hyper you can really feel the lack of dwell at 55 hardness, that's why I was thinking O7 Pro sounded good on paper, along with it having a bit more catapult and higher throw.

With added tackiness it can compensate and provide better dwell I suppose...

Last edited: