Better LP for Superglue treatment

This user has no status.
I'ts more easy to play, increase deception but as I said rubber become frictionless so no more spin reversal.

That is quite interesting because I would have thought that spin reversal is one of the main disruptive factors, or has everyone got this sussed now when playing against LP with alternate topspin and push?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
You have to understand that not LP pips works the same:

1- All slow the ball, ones more others less.

2- There are with friction or with very low friction and frictionless (the last banned)

3- With friction you can make your own chop effect but if the incoming top-spin is strong more strong will be the
chop return. Normally these LP are used by choppers mid & long distance of the table. With these LP you can vary the amount of chop. Good to return service but not dangerous as the low friction or frictionless, are a lot less disruptive or deception effect than the low friction or frictionless. Usually people uses defensive blades.

4- With very low friction or frictionless, these are perfect to play close to the table to make blocks & chop-blocks, ideal to return service with disruptive or deception effect opening angles, for mid distance still can chop well but aren't perfect for long distance of the table, I use this kind of pips and are very special: when I do a top spin the effect that arrives to the other player is chop so usually people makes the return like if receives top spin and the ball finished on the net, if I chop a push the other player receives a low top-spin & be ready because you received a very high ball to smash or top-spin if the player knows that I usually do a lateral hit from left to side bending the pips to make a strong disruptive/deceptive effect so can avoid the strong top-spin. Usually people uses All, All+ or maximum Off- blades.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
That is quite interesting because I would have thought that spin reversal is one of the main disruptive factors, or has everyone got this sussed now when playing against LP with alternate topspin and push?

People alternate top-spin & push because LP with friction for choppers returns because not to feed a lot of effect to the LP, an international woman player advice me not more than maxim 3 top-spin allowed to chopers, also the chopper have to move fast and can't chop the short push usually returning a high ball easy for the looper.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
You have to understand that not LP pips works the same:

1- All slow the ball, ones more others less.

2- There are with friction or with very low friction and frictionless (the last banned)

3- With friction you can make your own chop effect but if the incoming top-spin is strong more strong will be the
chop return. Normally these LP are used by choppers mid & long distance of the table. With these LP you can vary the amount of chop. Good to return service but not dangerous as the low friction or frictionless, are a lot less disruptive or deception effect than the low friction or frictionless. Usually people uses defensive blades.

4- With very low friction or frictionless, these are perfect to play close to the table to make blocks & chop-blocks, ideal to return service with disruptive or deception effect opening angles, for mid distance still can chop well but aren't perfect for long distance of the table, I use this kind of pips and are very special: when I do a top spin the effect that arrives to the other player is chop so usually people makes the return like if receives top spin and the ball finished on the net, if I chop a push the other player receives a low top-spin & be ready because you received a very high ball to smash or top-spin if the player knows that I usually do a lateral hit from left to side bending the pips to make a strong disruptive/deceptive effect so can avoid the strong top-spin. Usually people uses All, All+ or maximum Off- blades.

Thank you Merlin. I am very interested in trying this. Can you recommend the best LP rubbers to try and also how you apply the super glue please. I assume that you paint it onto just the tips of the pimples. I also imagine that other substances could be used to achieve the same effect such as epoxy glue or varnish etc. Is it best to use OX versions of the LP rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I used only Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX with great success but I want to know other LP so the reason I ask in this thread, people said, people advice here and in other forums is Dawei 388D or Dawei 388D-1. Yes just the tips of the pips, I don't know other materials.

N.B. If you aren't a push blocker playing close to the table my advice is not to do the treatment.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Going to be a kill joy, from what I’ve read boosting sponges is borderline illegal, I thought that applying anything to the top sheet that changes it’s properties is illegal ?? Apologies if I’m wrong, suppose it’s hard to prove though!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I though stuff like this was illegal. But like the above guy say, booster too but people still do it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Can somewhat understand that professional players that need to play well to get food on the table boost if everyone else do it. Have a harder time to se we non professionals do it. Feel the whole rule is pretty strange when we basically can not detect it? Think banning frictionless long pimples were bad too. Good with diversity.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
If playing for recreational purpose then sweet !!!
But any form of competition such as local league etc then rules are rules!!! The frictionless aspect is illegal, as is applying a substance that alters the top sheets properties. So if playing competitively 2 rules broken !!!
i also agree that boosting the sponge is ignored, however substances may be added by the manufacturers at the point of manufacture. Which is exactly what they do, provincial this national that.

Do LP players boost their hard sponges to get more speed ????????????? If they do then nothing is said about that either!!!! And nothing could be said by those boosting reverse rubber sponges. So boost away LP and Rev players!!!!!!

anyway enjoy playing against your friends and driving them crazy with the dreaded LP Frictionless effect!!!!!!