Duration of factory tuning of T05

This user has no status.
Rubber factory boost over time

It is possible that I may not be able to play for some months. I have two new Tenergy rubbers to apply to my blade which are sealed in their original packaging. Is there any point in me exposing them to the air and applying them to the blade if they are only going to sit in a bat case for months. I have read that the factory boosting wears off over time and that initially Tenergy rubbers are "unique" and particularly good until that time and I wouldn't want to lose that experience because the rubbers are losing anything while not be used.

This user has no status.
It is possible that I may not be able to play for some months. I have two new Tenergy rubbers to apply to my blade which are sealed in their original packaging. Is there any point in me exposing them to the air and applying them to the blade if they are only going to sit in a bat case for months. I have read that the factory boosting wears off over time and that initially Tenergy rubbers are "unique" and particularly good until that time and I wouldn't want to lose that experience because the rubbers are losing anything while not be used.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just a few pieces of information:

1) I do not think the packaging of any TT rubber including Tenergy is vacuum sealed. If that is the case, it is still exposed to Oxygen.

2) If you wanted to get a seal it yourself vacuum seal package to store them in, that would work.

3) My understanding is, Tenergy is not factory tuned so the issue does not have anything to do with the factory tuning. By the way, this is part of why it is so much better than everything else. The top sheet and the sponge are just that good. It is also part of why Tenergy lasts exponentially longer than most ESN rubbers.

4) The reason to get the vacuum sealing bag or container to store them is, the enemy of rubber is oxygen. Rubbers all slowly begin to oxidize as soon as they come off the press. When oxygen attaches to the special, long chain molecules that make fancy rubbers more elastic, the oxygenation makes them less elastic. This is why, over time a rubber that is not boosted or tuned, or even used, will still lose some of its performance. It is also why, when you buy a Tenergy that was sitting on a shelf in a TT store for a long time, it will not feel as good as one that came straight from the factory in Japan the day after it was made.

So, by all means, find something you can vacuum seal them in. Air Tight with you pulling out as much air as possible would be a second best to a vacuum seal and might be more realistic.

But as far as the best info I have, Tenergy is not factory tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Kitt
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

These two posts from two different threads are identical in content. Therefore I merged the two threads.

Basmundo, you should know you are not supposed to make duplicate threads simply because nobody responded to you the first time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
1) I do not think the packaging of any TT rubber including Tenergy is vacuum sealed. If that is the case, it is still exposed to Oxygen.

A lot of Chinese stuff is vacuum sealed. I had Yinhe Moon Pro and Palio Hidden Dragon which arrived vacuum sealed.

This user has no status.
These two posts from two different threads are identical in content. Therefore I merged the two threads.

Basmundo, you should know you are not supposed to make duplicate threads simply because nobody responded to you the first time.

Hello Carl. No sorry I didn't know that. I reposted because I thought that the original had passed everyone by and was therefore redundant and unlikely to be answered.:eek:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello Carl. No sorry I didn't know that. I reposted because I thought that the original had passed everyone by and was therefore redundant and unlikely to be answered.:eek:

What you are supposed to do when you think nobody saw a post in a new thread you made IS NOT TO make the same thread again. What you are supposed to do is post something like:

"Bump. Can anybody answer this for me? Please help me out."

Making multiple threads on the same EXACT subject from the same user is something you are not supposed to do.

Now you know for the future.

Reactions: Basmundo
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]Beware of GEWO, the rising name on market.[/size]
GEWO is now on fair way to becoming the World's No.1 Our domestic national Champion has recently re-armed for GEWO Nexxus to beat all the domestic Butterfly users.
https://gewo-tt.com/team/lev-katsman/
GEWO cooperated with Asian mnfcs closely to get the magic recipe of "tacky rubbers"