Rubber Endurance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello guys I want to ask I just got a rubber on sale from tt11 but mine are fairly new and I don’t think I will be changing them anytime soon so my question is will something happen to the rubber that I have stored aside it is unpackaged in theory it should be as brand new when I open it but it will probably sit in the package around a year.

Ps. Rubber is hurricane 3 not factory boosted

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Seems fair I bet some rubbers sit on the racks for months before they get bought and they are ok

You can't hurt the rubber if you put it in a zip lock bag and try to pull as much of the air out of the bag before sealing it.

Oxygen causes rubber molecules to break down. It takes a long time. But it happens no matter what you do to any kind of rubber.

Like: think of a rubber band that sat on your shelf for 10 years. You go to stretch it and it tears and breaks instead of stretching. The oxidation, over time causes the rubber to lose its elasticity. And also causes the rubber to be more easily torn or chipped.

So, your choice. It is not a big deal. TT rubbers last longer exposed to oxygen than rubber bands. But it happens to both in the long run. So, something that will limit exposure to oxygen would be worthwhile. If you had access to vacuum sealed bags, that would be better.