Tuttle 2018 VIP

Hello,
I am trying out this rubber on forehand and backhand. According to the description, it is supposed to be quite a tacky rubber, and I've heard it offers better control and power than Hurricane 3 (3 Neo). The issue I have here is that the rubber has a very little tack, and while it is definitely very powerful and generates tremendous spin, I wouldn't say it has more control than H3 Neo; I'd rather say the opposite, especially close to the table (talking about boosted VIP and H3 Neo).

Can somebody tell me if this is a manufacturing issue or all rubbers come with just a little tack?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
the 2018 VIP is not very tacky. It's not a manufacturing issue - the topsheet is weird and a little tacky but it's nowhere near the H3 or 729 B2 tackiness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Can you share your experience with this rubber? Do you currently use it?
I haven't used it a lot - just a couple of times. My sparring partner was playing with it and I tried it and also asked him about the tack and the topsheet (also I've asked about the seller in our shop about the topsheet - that's why I wrote that it's ok that it's not very tacky :) ). So I can't help you with info regarding how 2018 VIP plays :(
I've played with the 55A which has the same topsheet but a different sponge - so that's a different rubber :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Can you please share your experience with 55A ?
It has somehow a mixed feeling - like a japanese-chinese rubber. Medium soft, has very good top-end speed and is a little bouncy in the short game. Blocks and overall control - very good.
Can't say it has something it does extremely well but still - a great overall performer.