new Tacky rubber unboosted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hello,

i want to switch to tacky rubber like H3 neo or battle 2 or so.
At the moment i play with Boll ALC, Vega Pro and Omega Europe.

I dont want to boost so i guess every h3 is to slow even the neo?

So i guess between Friendship Battle 2, Bloom Power or Sanwei Target National is not so much of a difference or am i wronge?

And what rubber would you suggest with a tacky surface. A hybrid or chinese it doenst matter but the dignics 09 is to expensive for me so more in the max 40€ section please.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Battle 2, you can order from aliexpress or tabletennis11.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Nittaku Sieger PK50, Rakza Z, Donic Bluegrip C1/C2 are all so expensive.

Over 40€.

Yeah battle 2 and bloom power i cant get cheap i guess i think it is going to be one of them, with boll alc they are fast enough i think too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Over 40€.

Yeah battle 2 and bloom power i cant get cheap i guess i think it is going to be one of them, with boll alc they are fast enough i think too

I have Battle 2 prov on my fh currently. It really wants to be boosted. If you don't bother go for Xiom Vega China.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
How does nittaku zieger 50 feel when spinning and how fast does it feel ???
Any one who use it???

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yes it would be too slow. You'd hate even the first counter hit. To be fair NO ONE enjoys counter hitting with a fresh sheet, tuned or not.

A proven gem is the yasaka shining dragon. If you're game to follow the Chinese female players, then try yasaka hovering dragon, both under 40 Euros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Hello,
i want to switch to tacky rubber like H3 neo or battle 2 or so.
At the moment i play with Boll ALC, Vega Pro and Omega Europe.
I dont want to boost so i guess every h3 is to slow even the neo?
So i guess between Friendship Battle 2, Bloom Power or Sanwei Target National is not so much of a difference or am i wronge?
And what rubber would you suggest with a tacky surface. A hybrid or chinese it doenst matter but the dignics 09 is to expensive for me so more in the max 40€ section please.

If you want a rubber with a similar or higher throw than your Vega Pro I would also suggest the Rakza Z (with the usual 20% off when buying two rubbers it would fit your bill):
Battle 2: Throw angle is a lot lower than Vega Pro (and lower than H3) even a softer (38°), boosted provincial B2 but it's quite fast and works quite well in humid conditions.
Bloom Power: Similar throw as the Battle 2 but slower and softer (45° ESN scale, around 36° DHS scale). Some shops offer a harder 47° ESN/37° DHS version (around the same hardness as Vega Pro).
Sanwei Target: I only tried the Target 90 that performs really well unboosted but also has a lower throw than the Vega Pro and is more or less unusable in high humidity environments (don't know how the normal, more tacky Target National and Target Blue behave there).
Hurricane 3: Yes, it is quite slow when doing no spin strokes, yes, it feels quite dead if one's not used to H3 or similar rubbers and it needs a couple of hours to break in but with the right technique it can produce very fast shots (somewhat similar to the Vega Pro i.e. speed/spin produced when hitting the ball orthogonally vs hitting tangentially).
If you've never played with a hard, tacky, Chinese rubber before don't expect to play better immediately. It will take a couple of month until you can fully utilize it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I really liked this information that you gave my dear friend and colleague so let me leave you this comment with good intentions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I play with H3 Neo Provincial 39*. It's an orange sponge but much livelier than the commercial stuff. I don't boost it and there is a short break in period, but after that it works great. The tacky hard rubbers are very linear in the speed: you hit soft you get a slow shot, you hit hard you get speed. They do require an adjustment moving from the softer rubber, but once you get used to them it opens a whole new range of speeds and spins you can use to throw off your opponent.

If you are looking for something with a tacky sheet and more tensor like rubber, try Yinhe Moon Pro or Big Dipper IV. I think they have others as well, with the "Maxtense" technology.

As what i have been telling people, when starting to use an H3 or any other tacky rubber, learn to brush the ball properly to maximize the use of that rubber.

This.

Honestly, I find the slowness of H3 to be a positive more than a negative, when I play for a bit with a bouncier rubber it feels a waste of a big brushing stroke, because the ball has bounced off the rubber before I could get full control over the shot.

The H3 rubbers really arn't designed for you to play shots with a lot of tangential force, it's really for more closed blade angle shots, and the deadness of the rubber makes the contact feel longer.

This user has no status.

Over 40€.

If you follow TT11 promotions each week and you can get it around 30€

says Footwork footwork footwork
This.

Honestly, I find the slowness of H3 to be a positive more than a negative, when I play for a bit with a bouncier rubber it feels a waste of a big brushing stroke, because the ball has bounced off the rubber before I could get full control over the shot.

The H3 rubbers really arn't designed for you to play shots with a lot of tangential force, it's really for more closed blade angle shots, and the deadness of the rubber makes the contact feel longer.

I agree.

The deadness gives you an aspect of control, on top of the safety from the added spin.

I’m using double TG2 Neo commercial, unboosted & I couldn’t be happier! Although, the road to using this comfortably wasn’t exactly easy. It’s pretty tiresome to train with, but once i got used to it, I couldn’t image any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

If you do full swings on your opening loops against underspin, the deadness of unboosted H3 gives you good control.