This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hi Guys,

Im Kai from Germany, playing TT for some years, had to take a break after some back problems. Now im Back at it and fell into the rabbithole of short pimples - and i love it.

Hope to get and give sone good advice here and having a good time.

Thanks alot.

Best regards,
Short_Pimple

What type of Short Pimples are you looking into?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Right now im looking at all kinds, EJ at its best.

Was really happy with Spinlord Waran, hated the bad durability. Switched to Victas 102, loved the spin but sink Effekt or knuckle ball was completely missing. Then switched to Spectol (first 21 Version, than regular with booster). Loved the pimples effect, hate that i have to boost it so suit my style. Right now im waiting for Tibhar Speedy Soft XD D.Tecs as i loved the old version of it, jusz hated the poor opening with little margin for error.

As a conclusion, in just trying to find my pip. I would say it should be quite fast, not to spinny but able to produce a good push. Might never find it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Right now im looking at all kinds, EJ at its best.

Was really happy with Spinlord Waran, hated the bad durability. Switched to Victas 102, loved the spin but sink Effekt or knuckle ball was completely missing. Then switched to Spectol (first 21 Version, than regular with booster). Loved the pimples effect, hate that i have to boost it so suit my style. Right now im waiting for Tibhar Speedy Soft XD D.Tecs as i loved the old version of it, jusz hated the poor opening with little margin for error.

As a conclusion, in just trying to find my pip. I would say it should be quite fast, not to spinny but able to produce a good push. Might never find it.

Surprise to hear about the bad durability. It might have been an unfortunate case as Waran was pretty good. It has the speed and is very much easier to adapt to for those who move from inverted.

If you are not looking spinny pips, give Moristo SP a try with the current Ito Mima trend.

Otherwise if you love the "knuckle" or pimple effects, Gipfelsturm or Keiler would be interesting to try and pricing wise are similar to Waran. Both rubbers are also from the Spinlord range. Though both rubbers are closer to Middle Pips than short pips. Thus the ability to varies spin and pimple effect is much more prominent.

Reactions: Short_Pimple
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Ill take a look at those pimples. I am not new to pimples, befor my break I was playing with LP with sponge at the table - just the same way I do it now with sp. Blocking, hitting and change the rhythm of the game and annoying my opponents.

Warans sponge wore out in like 6 weeks, in more than 4 sheets i had. Always lost control after that time and had tk change it.

Moristo SP is also interesting, I thought it was a grippy and spinny pip. I read a lot of complaints about durability of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi Guys,

Im Kai from Germany, playing TT for some years, had to take a break after some back problems. Now im Back at it and fell into the rabbithole of short pimples - and i love it.

Hope to get and give sone good advice here and having a good time.

Thanks alot.

Best regards,
Short_Pimple

Welcome to TTD. Have you thought about the legendary TSP Spectrol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
As stated above, Spectol is my Pip right now. But i can only play it when it is boosted and thats a fact i dont like.

Neubauer Killer Pro is good at knuckle balls, but can hardly produce any spin itself - so it is out.

Read a whole thread about the Gipfelsturm in other forums, might really be worth a try. Glad its quite cheap ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
As stated above, Spectol is my Pip right now. But i can only play it when it is boosted and thats a fact i dont like.

How about Spectol Red or Blue? They are plenty fast enough without boosting. The new Nittaku Sonic AR looks as though it could be quite similar as does Stiga Symmetry.

Reactions: Short_Pimple