PenHold Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Blade and play style. Do you use your RPB for everything or just flicks?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Welcome Vishyrich? I hope you'll find your time here enjoyable. I know I have, there are plenty of discussions and some great advice from some great people.

For your question I would ask that you give us some info first to better answer your question. The rubbers you're currently using are nice rubbers especially for someone who is developing technique. My question would be whether or not you've tried inverted on the BH. It's not a great idea to try pips before you understand technique and more importantly spin, but if that's what you prefer then I suggest two main things. If you're having trouble with your RPB try to open your racket more to a flat style and punch the ball into the corners of the table. They'll give you the easiest returns for some forehand kills or some backhand smashes. If you have good racket speed and use of wrist I would suggest trying an inverted rubber that you like the feel of and loop the ball. There are great rubbers that are good for punching and smashing, but also produce great spin.

Again if you let us know your style we may be able to help you a bit more.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

Welcome Vishyrich? I hope you'll find your time here enjoyable. I know I have, there are plenty of discussions and some great advice from some great people.

For your question I would ask that you give us some info first to better answer your question. The rubbers you're currently using are nice rubbers especially for someone who is developing technique. My question would be whether or not you've tried inverted on the BH. It's not a great idea to try pips before you understand technique and more importantly spin, but if that's what you prefer then I suggest two main things. If you're having trouble with your RPB try to open your racket more to a flat style and punch the ball into the corners of the table. They'll give you the easiest returns for some forehand kills or some backhand smashes. If you have good racket speed and use of wrist I would suggest trying an inverted rubber that you like the feel of and loop the ball. There are great rubbers that are good for punching and smashing, but also produce great spin.

Again if you let us know your style we may be able to help you a bit more.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

To clarify i only ever used to use one side of the racket so i could change to pips if they suited the job better,
I do not loop very much most of my forehand shots are low topspin, drives or flicks at the moment my rpb is following the same sort of style.

If i was to change my BH rubber what would you recommend ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
That again depends on what you prefer. If you like softer rubbers so you can feel the ball a bit more I recommend Samba + from Joola. If you're on a budget Focus Snipe 3 is a good soft rubber choice. If you're looking for something a bit on the expensive side, but with more spin and speed, the Stiga Calibra line is pretty good, Tenergy is a large favorite among players, Joola Rhyzm is a great BH rubber and the Adidas P series and Tenzone series are great choices.