Xiom Vega X vs Xiom Vega Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
been using Vega Japan because of yogi's rec, it's fast enough for me, even if it's not so tacky as my previous Reactor Tornado v5, I'm doing more spin with it

i love it, with a proper stroke, it's fast enough

been using Vega Japan because of yogi's rec, it's fast enough for me, even if it's not so tacky as my previous Reactor Tornado v5, I'm doing more spin with it

i love it, with a proper stroke, it's fast enough

Glad you like it. It is always overlooked due to vega pro but it deserves attention due to its performance also.

Last edited:
Reactions: tt_beginner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
What do you guys think both rubbers are high performing xiom rubbers and it says that both are faster and spinier that vega pro and for similar price and similar hardness my question is what are your guys thoughts and have you tried then out.

Ps. Planning to use one of them as RPB

I've been playing with Vega Pro for almost 3 years and I'm completely happy with them, apart from the fact that they are a bit too heavy.

For the last month I've been using Vega X, as an upgrade to to Vega Pro. Vega X uses exactly the same sponge with Vega Pro, but is has a new top sheet.

My impressions so far:
-A LOT heavier than Vega Pro. Vega Pro uncut is about 64-65gr whereas Vega X is about 72gr uncut.
-While it's not spinier than Vega Pro, it's a lot more spin-sensitive which is strange.
-Same speed, maybe a little higher arc.

I've played one season with Vega Japan on my BH. It's a little slower than Vega X and a little softer, but just as spiny.

Here you can see the differences according to the Xiom catalogue.

Vega Comparison.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Some insights about the durabilty of the vega x? I'd like to try it as a cheaper BH alternative for the joola dynaryz acc.

I've been using it for about 1,5 month now, so it's not enough time to give a definite answer about durability.
During this time however, I've been almost 4-5 times a week for about 2-3 hours each session.

I haven't noticed any loss in spin or speed,but the black one that I use on FH is starting to show signs of discoloration which I would expect after -let's say- 3 months. I have a feeling that the top-sheet of Vega Pro is more durable, but that is not a definite conclusion.

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I've been using it for about 1,5 month now, so it's not enough time to give a definite answer about durability.
During this time however, I've been almost 4-5 times a week for about 2-3 hours each session.

I haven't noticed any loss in spin or speed,but the black one that I use on FH is starting to show signs of discoloration which I would expect after -let's say- 3 months. I have a feeling that the top-sheet of Vega Pro is more durable, but that is not a definite conclusion.

Mmm. So not really durable? I haven't played with the rubber yet. I only glued it to my paddle. They smelled and felt a lot like the elp rubbers i previously played and were not durable at all.
Looking forward to testing it this week

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Mmm. So not really durable? I haven't played with the rubber yet. I only glued it to my paddle. They smelled and felt a lot like the elp rubbers i previously played and were not durable at all.
Looking forward to testing it this week

It's too early to say and have a complete picture.
Despite the slight discoloration, the rubber has not lost its speed or spin and that's what matters.