Rubbers with GOOD feeling/touch/feedback

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
:eek:Hi guys, just for fun, I want to see which rubbers have best feeling/touch/feedback.

What I mean is the feedback provided by the rubber which allows for you to really feel the ball, and be able to control/attach the ball.:confused:
Of cause there are many elements that go into this, hardness, dwell time, speed, pimple structure, tackiness, tackiness, different strokes/impact, etc... So lets not limit the reasons/qualities of what makes a good rubber.

:cool:I ask you to nominate 1-3 rubbers that you think to have best feeling/touch/feedback.
Also provde at least one reason to your nomination. ;)

Here are my nominations.

1) EL-S, medium hard sponge allows for good control and feel.
2) Barracuda, tho it is soft sponged, the slow speed really allows plenty of dwell time to execute strokes with control.

Have your say! :eek:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
This depends also on the blade I think. Different rubbers interface differently with different rubbers. My favorite would be any hard Chinese tacky rubber. Think Battle 2, Jupiter 2, Hurricane 3 (I prefer them in at least provincial version). When boosted they are even better. Unless boosted those rubbers initially feel dead, but after they are broken in (or boosted), they allow for very good feeling and balls stays very long on the surface.

Reactions: virtuososiu
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
blade is more important for feeling, touch etc

1) The boosted sheet of H3 Provincial 37 degree hardness i have has really great feel. 1st time I hit a BH topspin it just jumped out at me how much dwell time there is.
2) Golden Tango also good feel, for me better than the PS version.
3) Donic slice 40 CD 1.5mm, tried this when I first started back, good feedback but probably down to the thinner sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
The more I try the more I get messed up, really messed up.....
in brief:
1 Hard Euro/Jap - Rhyzer 50 for it's stability, feel and versatility
1 Soft Euro/Jap - T05FX for the feel and versatility
1 Chinese - TG3 Neo boosted for it's control and versatility

As one may guess this list could be 10times longer and I believe many people would like to do so, but how about just 3 rubbers?

says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
from the top of my head; stiga mantra m, donic bluefire m1, dhs skyline 3, super 729 boosted, 729 focus 3 snipe

on the other end of the spectrum i hated the feel of butterfly sriver and to a lesser degree, nittaku fastarc g-1 (though out of the rubbers i have used in the past and now, i liked its performance the most)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
This depends also on the blade I think. Different rubbers interface differently with different rubbers. My favorite would be any hard Chinese tacky rubber. Think Battle 2, Jupiter 2, Hurricane 3 (I prefer them in at least provincial version). When boosted they are even better. Unless boosted those rubbers initially feel dead, but after they are broken in (or boosted), they allow for very good feeling and balls stays very long on the surface.
How long lasts a H3 after several boosting?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
H3, 2 thin layers for each boosting.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect more than 4 boosts. Consider sticking with Jupiter 2, and boosting it every now and then. It's cheap. Recently I tried Battle 2. Can't comment on durability though. Using it too short. Maybe other users will comment. I am using the provincial version (about 20$-22$) 39-40 (depends on what is available). Spin is same as in Hurricane 3, Battle 2 might be a tad faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Tenergy 05, Tenergy 64, and Tenergy 80. For me, nothing like the Tenergy series in terms of feeling the ball and being able to grab it and do what I want consistently across the whole range of shots.

Reactions: Gwenved
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011

thanks for sharing Kuba

Agree. Blade makes so much difference. I have always prefer Limba outer layer. The quick release of Koto just isnt my cup of tea.

Do you use booted/broken-into chinese rubbers on the backhand side as well?

Also, how long do the rubbers last? assuming you use long term booster (Falco?) once every several months

Do the rubbers become too soft and too stretched eventually?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
blade is more important for feeling, touch etc

1) The boosted sheet of H3 Provincial 37 degree hardness i have has really great feel. 1st time I hit a BH topspin it just jumped out at me how much dwell time there is.
2) Golden Tango also good feel, for me better than the PS version.
3) Donic slice 40 CD 1.5mm, tried this when I first started back, good feedback but probably down to the thinner sponge.
Thanks for sharing IB66

So true that blade does play a big part in touch/feel.

Boosted Provincial H3s are so good arent they. I miss how easy and cheap it was to get them in Hong Kong. Too bad we cant travel now.
So which side are you using Golden Tango on? I assume you mean the original Golden Tango, not the PS version.
How does it compare to boosted Prov. H3?

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
The more I try the more I get messed up, really messed up.....
in brief:
1 Hard Euro/Jap - Rhyzer 50 for it's stability, feel and versatility
1 Soft Euro/Jap - T05FX for the feel and versatility
1 Chinese - TG3 Neo boosted for it's control and versatility

As one may guess this list could be 10times longer and I believe many people would like to do so, but how about just 3 rubbers?

Ha, sorry to make you choose Kolev. Please feel free to share more if you think they are worthy.:eek:
Its exciting to see TG3 being mentioned actually. I have been wanting to try it.
How is the quality control with TG series by DHS? Is it worth going for Nittaku versions at all?
Also, how long can a sheet last, with boosting/re-boosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
from the top of my head; stiga mantra m, donic bluefire m1, dhs skyline 3, super 729 boosted, 729 focus 3 snipe

on the other end of the spectrum i hated the feel of butterfly sriver and to a lesser degree, nittaku fastarc g-1 (though out of the rubbers i have used in the past and now, i liked its performance the most)
Thanks for sharing netdriver,

Recent Stiga rubbers seem to get mentioned more and more. Stiga has come a long way with their rubbers. I still remember Boost TC being my first rubber year ago.
M1 is solid but dies too quickly, Z1 seems to have slightly better life.
G1 is such a solid rubber too, its got this throw angle.
How do you have your skyline3? Do you just use until its broken into, or do you use any booster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
thanks for sharing Kuba

Agree. Blade makes so much difference. I have always prefer Limba outer layer. The quick release of Koto just isnt my cup of tea.

Do you use booted/broken-into chinese rubbers on the backhand side as well?

Also, how long do the rubbers last? assuming you use long term booster (Falco?) once every several months

Do the rubbers become too soft and too stretched eventually?

Maybe check Hurricane 3 37 or Yinhe Jupiter 2 soft (not 38, soft is softer than Jupiter 2 38, youtube sympaczewski review). On BH I use mostly rubbers with some catapult. I've used to use semi tacky rubber BH but I transitioned to more bouncy rubbers. They seem to fit me a bit more.

Aug 2019
Thanks for sharing netdriver,

Recent Stiga rubbers seem to get mentioned more and more. Stiga has come a long way with their rubbers. I still remember Boost TC being my first rubber year ago.
M1 is solid but dies too quickly, Z1 seems to have slightly better life.
G1 is such a solid rubber too, its got this throw angle.
How do you have your skyline3? Do you just use until its broken into, or do you use any booster?

regarding skyline 3 (not the neo version), a bit of both actually ;)

the real big bad boosters like falco long and seamoon are too expensive for me, so i boosted my skyline with 2 layers of paraffin oil and 1 layer of baby oil instead.

after boosting it, i still need to break it in. it broke in pretty quickly, at about maybe 6 hours in playing with it. the topsheet became pretty soft.

loved my skyline 3, but i switched to mantra m because i cant get the best out of it. chinese rubbers also kind of limits the playstyle of jpen too. maybe i'll adopt it once again after i inevitably switch to cpen.

love my mantra too, blocks have never been so easy. sad its going to be discontinued soon (if its not a rumour, that is).