Who here plays with griptape on the blade handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Like the title says, I was just curious who also does this and I couldn't find anything in the search history.

I myself use a thin layer of griptape because I have rather big hands.

Samsonov seems to do it as well as shown in the picture of his blade below(probably also big hands :cool:)

Samsonov.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
yes l use tennis grip tape on my handle

interesting, can you use grip tape for tennis rackets?
l played tennis for 35 years before table tennis .. l use the pros pro super tacky its got good grip 0.5mm grip tape on a st handle l had lots left over from a big pack of 60 grips cost 30 pounds from e bay .. and one grip cut evenly into 3 make s 3 goes so its much cheaper than that!! about 16 pence each ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
l played tennis for 35 years before table tennis .. l use the pros pro super tacky its got good grip 0.5mm grip tape on a st handle l had lots left over from a big pack of 60 grips cost 30 pounds from e bay .. and one grip cut evenly into 3 make s 3 goes so its much cheaper than that!! about 16 pence each ..
I play tennis too, I have a few grip tapes , might as well cut a few to try it out lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I use double grip tape on my septear nittaku as i have rather larger hands.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Not too many players use grip tape, but some enjoy it.

A friend of mine uses it on his Viscaria ST, whereas he didn't feel he needed it on his Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Large ST.

French national team player Quentin Robinot always uses grip tape on his Apolonia ZLC FL (he used grip tape on his Boll Forte FL too when he used to play with that blade).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Me and many people around here use a grip tape. It helps me to deal with slippage and often to change the shape of a handle to fit better in the palm. Its a simple cure for unwanted head-heaviness. I prefer butterfly but any thin tennis grip tape would do

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I use what looks like a big rubber band on my Samsonov Alphas. I think the Samsonov Alphas straight handles were not wide enough for me so I bought what looks like a rubber tube that is 100 mm long that fits snugly on the paddle handle. I don't see them advertised at the Paddle Palace anymore.

There is no slip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
If I remember correctly, Yinhe made a product that looks like a rubber tube. You insert the handle into the rubber tube, then you heat the tube with hair dryer (set at highest temperature possible). The rubber tube then shrinks to fit the handle perfectly (following the contour of the handle).

It is good because you do not use adhesive at all (or tape). I don't remember if it's very grippy or not, for players who sweat a lot, because I never use it for long.

Personally I don't use grip tape. I used once or twice before, but removed it during the game because I just don't fully get the feel of blade.