Best server's in the world

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
How does Ma Lin Achieve such incredible spin?

And here is serve training of Ma Long

What do you think?

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
this is my impression of the ghost serve:
ghosts.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
dear table tennis daily

as were on the topic of the best servers do you have any videos of helmuth osbourne serving?

know globally his serves are something quite special and variety is on a different level to others such as ma lin and others.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
dear table tennis daily

as were on the topic of the best servers do you have any videos of helmuth osbourne serving?

know globally his serves are something quite special and variety is on a different level to others such as ma lin and others.

Haha,,, yes we need to get his serves on here :D... he is probably on this site lol... what a player to us all!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ma Lin in my opinion definitely has the best serves in the world currently. Liu Guoliang probably had the best serves ever because that was like the best part of his game, his looping and backhand were nearly as good as Ma Lin's, and during that time, hidden serves were allowed. As for Ma Lin, his game revolves around serving. Because his game is all about controlling the short game perfectly so that he can be the first one to attack, usually a third ball attack. A part of the reason why his serve is so great is simply because penhold gives you a ton more variety of wrist flicks and its degree of motion is a lot greater than shakehand serves. And generally you get more speed with the penhold wrist flick than what you would be able to get with your shakehand flick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I would say Schlager has the best serves, he's got so much variety and always has a strategy for all of his serves. I'd say Ma Lin's serve is impressive but he gets most of his spin from his rubber, the disguising part of the serve is what i impressed by.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
the best serve in the world is wang haos or zhang jike
but the best server overall for selection of serves has to be schalger

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Schlager has some really good variety in his serves, but if look at Ma Lin's serves and games during 2002-2004, I think they were a lot better. Back then with speed glue, and the fact that he was just faster, and younger, his game revolved around the short game and 3 ball attack a lot more. Even if he didn't win the point immediately off the serve, it was his serve that really set up the short game, and set up his ability to execute the third ball attack. During that period, even against top players like Boll and Samsonov, he was ending the points within the first 4-5 hits, and the points never lasted very long. I remember watching a match in 2004 with him against Boll, and he won either 11-0 or 11-1 because his third ball attack game was so good.

Now that he is older he has had to rely more on his rpb and longer points, but his forehand, short game, and serve are still so good that he beats all non-Chinese players always. I don't even really remember when was the last time he lost to a non-Chinese player in a serious tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
this is my impression of the ghost serve:
ghosts.jpg

I think this is correct except I don't understand what the arrow pointing left represents. The reason you can have a such an extreme angle on the serve is that the pressure of the ball digs into the rubber, allowing for a little "ledge", if you will, that transfers all forward motion into the ball.

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
cool illustration...thats it for the ghost serve your racket should go upward position...