switching to penhodler

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

i like watching dang qui a lot recently and after the video with dima i thought, i can try penholder myself. It worked very well. Especially the backhand was very strong and i had just a little problems.
I play a Stiga Infinity VPS with Xiom Vega Pro 2.0 both sides.

Now after i worked well i want to buy a penholdblade. I read and it is going to be a Yasaka Ma Lin extra offensive.
On the forehand everywhere i read they say a tacky rubber so i thought a fs battle 2 because i don’t want to boost. And on the backhand maybe an vega asia because of a little bit higher throw then the vega pro or one of the palio ak rubbers.
what do you think about this combination?

Hello,

i like watching dang qui a lot recently and after the video with dima i thought, i can try penholder myself. It worked very well. Especially the backhand was very strong and i had just a little problems.
I play a Stiga Infinity VPS with Xiom Vega Pro 2.0 both sides.

Now after i worked well i want to buy a penholdblade. I read and it is going to be a Yasaka Ma Lin extra offensive.
On the forehand everywhere i read they say a tacky rubber so i thought a fs battle 2 because i don’t want to boost. And on the backhand maybe an vega asia because of a little bit higher throw then the vega pro or one of the palio ak rubbers.
what do you think about this combination?

If your current setup works well, why don’t you get a penhold version of your Stiga Infinity VPS? And transfer the rubbers to it or get the same rubbers and go from there. That would be the most logical choice imo. If you are going to get equipment by just reading reviews without actually trying, you may get disappointed and/or worse, waste money. It’s also very difficult to give you advice without seeing you play. Maybe upload a video and give some more background about your playing experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I play with sticky rubbers on forehand, that allows me to use the strengths of the penhold grip: short/tricky receives, forehand flicks, spinny and powerfull loops. On the backhand I use non-tacky rubbers.

In the past I played with Tenergy 05 or Yasaka Rakza 7 & X on both sides, but sticky rubbers are better for close to the table game.

After 6 months of allround allwood blade, since a couple of weeks, I've switched back to carbon blades and I have two cPen carbon blades:

1) Yinhe T11+, DHS Neo Hurricane 3 & Palio Ak47 Red
2) Sanwei CC (like Yasaka Ma Lin), DHS Neo Hurricane 3, TSP Ventus Soft

Both combos are great.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Can't go wrong with the entire Yasaka Ma Lin series for C-pen, given the price. Extra Offensive is like a gold standard.

Only thing to keep in mind is that the head size of C-pen looping blade is longer than that of shakehand, so it'll have a different feel.

Weight will be a major concern when pairing rubbers, especially on the BH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
For a test the ma lin is cheaper than the infinity.
And the vega pro was a little to low on the throw on the backhand. That’s why i don’t want the same.

Okay so the ma lin in safe and from the post above i think a battle 2 is a good choice with the tackiness and it is not so expensive as well.

So maybe only 1.8 on the backhand or a softer rubber like Xiom Vega Europe or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I think the battle 2 is a good and cheap tacky rubber. Coming from a vega pro i think it is not to fast especially on a 5ply wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
okay thank you.

Than i think it is going to be the battle 2 on the forehand. Maybe the provincial version?

And Backhand is it going to be the vega asia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
yes a 200 euro blade is the right thing to test it out xD

I played with the Yasaka MEO with two vega europe rubbers and backhand was great but forehand, oh boy was my forehand bad :/