Friendship 729

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
hello there,
i've been using Friendhip 729 Super FX on my FH and BH, not so sure about my blade but i think its all wood because i have purchased this pre-assembled already...

i want to ask the difference between Chinese rubbers and european or japanese rubbers..i know for sure that 729 friendship is a chinese rubber and i loved the tackyness of the Super FX esp the black one but after 2 long years of using, it has already lost its tackiness..and so does all chinese rubbers, I think?....does european/japanese rubbers do the same?

without the tackiness, i still love it because i used it as a defensive rubber on BH,although can't use it for spinny service. the red one still has its tackiness and its my FH rubber...

is there a rubber that does not lose tackiness which is best for spinny serve and also for defense? i prefer 729 friendship because of its cheaper and affordable on my end....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
hey!

you can try the dhs-rubbers like hurricane 2,3 or skyline 2,3
they're all chinese rubber with a lot of spin and speed.
you can try that!

This user has no status.
hello Bishop Rasta,

You can restore the grip of your rubbers by spraying some WD40 on the surface of the rubber and gently spread the liquid over the surface with you finger, the oily WD40 will attack the rubber slightly and restore the grip.
I have played my Andro Revo Fire for 2,5 years using that trick and the spin was still like 95% of a new rubber i would guess. Try it , you'll like it.
Also see my thread : This info will save you a lot of money (do a search on this).

Hey, please give some feedback of the result of restoring a 729 FX !!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I would recommend just buying new rubber. If your rubber isn't permanently glued you should have no problem just peeling it off and getting some new rubber. It sounds like you only need to buy a new black sheet so that shouldn't be a problem as it sells for $14.00 USD. But if you prefer to clean it and such you could try the wd-40 or I'll have to get back on you, but there's this new cleaner I use but I'll have to check out if it's available for sale. Basically I would recommend this, get a ball and press it into the middle of the black rubber slightly and then try to rub it up, down, left, and right. If you notice that it does not move very easily your rubber is worth cleaning, but if however you can easily glide it across the surface I would just buy a new sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Me same as Richard.. I would just buy a new one.. Its one of the cheapest rubbers I know, I started with Frienship 729 FX on both sides, hehe :)
But then I just felt it doesnt fit me that much, I needed more control and that just those rubbers couldnt give me..
Also I was not that into tackiness so I am now completely other rubbers..
But if you still love it, only buy new ones, cca every year. That would be best for you ;-)
Dont try new things, if you dont need to..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Thanks guys for the infos...

yap, i've considered buying new ones already, thanks...about the wd40, i haven't tried that and i'll give feedback once i've tried it, i have used other oils though like the vegetable cooking oil, well, it didn't last long like just a few minutes of playing, the tackiness has gone.

about cleaning, well i clean my rubbers every after game though i don't use any rubber cleaners,i use water...but then it always collect dust or whatever small particles in the air whenever in use, are there any rubbers that does not collect dust easily???

about buying new ones, i'm planning to try 729 Cream Transcend and SST Hao Shuai on arylate blade...comments and suggestions are needed ...

Thanks and God Bless!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey Bishop those are great rubbers, but I suggest you try boosting the Hao Shuai as it is one of the hardest rubbers out there. You can do this by putting lamp oil or kerosene on the blue sponge or you could even try baby oil on the sponge. This will help to soften the rubber up which will make it great for play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hey Bishop those are great rubbers, but I suggest you try boosting the Hao Shuai as it is one of the hardest rubbers out there. You can do this by putting lamp oil or kerosene on the blue sponge or you could even try baby oil on the sponge. This will help to soften the rubber up which will make it great for play.

Mr.RichardD sir, you mean i'm gonna tear off the topsheet rubber and put oil on the sponge or do you mean apply baby oil on the topsheet rubber? apologies sir for the quite confusion....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
You just apply it at the back of the sponge buddy:)

Thanks azlan, thank God the Lion has always the answers har har...anyway i've realized that lately after replying to the post (how stupid am I, oops...apologies)....but i wonder if it won't affect gluing it to the blade, i mean, what if it comes off as you play since oil is a lubricant...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Thanks azlan, thank God the Lion has always the answers har har...anyway i've realized that lately after replying to the post (how stupid am I, oops...apologies)....but i wonder if it won't affect gluing it to the blade, i mean, what if it comes off as you play since oil is a lubricant...

no it wont, just wait for the oil to be fully absorbed by the sponge before glueing