PDA

View Full Version : I Tried STIGA's Fastest Table Tennis Blade

Dan
10-21-2020, 04:44 PM
Hey guys! Today we try out STIGA's brand new Legacy Carbon blade! Join me and Tom in the TableTennisDaily Studio where we put the blade through it's paces and see what the hype is all about!

We also compare the Legacy to STIGA's popular Carbonado Series as well as their flagship Dynasty blade. Make sure to stick around until the end where we reveal the new TTD Blade Rating System where we give all it's attributes scores out of 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTP_bY7IVI

SamTheMan
10-22-2020, 10:57 AM
I´m a bit confused right now. Dan claims this to be Stigas fastest blade and TTgearlab claims this is the slowest of Stigas newer carbon blades. Even slower than Carbonado 45, TTgearlab claims it to be somewhere in between Korbel and Carbonado 45. :confused:

Dan
10-22-2020, 12:02 PM
I´m a bit confused right now. Dan claims this to be Stigas fastest blade and TTgearlab claims this is the slowest of Stigas newer carbon blades. Even slower than Carbonado 45, TTgearlab claims it to be somewhere in between Korbel and Carbonado 45. :confused:

Hey Sam, yeah that's interesting findings from those guys! From mine and Tom's comparisons we found the Legacy Carbon to be quite a bit more responsive than the Carbonado 145. The Legacy is using a different type of carbon to the Carbonado series called Energy Carbon which is quicker and has more of a carbon feel than the Carbonado series. The carbon in the legacy blade is also thicker than the one in a Carbonado. The outer woods (limba) of the Carbonado and the Legacy are the same but the carbon is different.

BryanY
10-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Wow, faster than the Carbonado 290... Sounds like a beast.

joshping88
10-22-2020, 02:23 PM
Great review Dan and Tom! I guess the mechanical indices can be quite different from real experience when we really play with the blade. I'm using dynasty carbon and I really love the touch and dwelling, the sweet spot is huge too.

davidakelly
12-22-2020, 06:47 AM
It was a really great review, thank you, you gave us an idea.

Creek
12-22-2020, 07:12 AM
The main difference between Carbonado series and legacy is the medial ply: pine for legacy and ayous for Carbonado. Ayous is a harder wood than pine and therefore the legacy feels softer and less quick than Carbonado from my point of view. It anyway has a high throw compared to Carbonado which might cause the overshooting and gives an impression of being faster...

Henry Oven
02-17-2021, 08:27 AM
The Video was really amazing, thank you so much for the information you taught me. No more defeats.