Challenger Series - LADY's - Tournament!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
challengerseries.net

I'm excited to be playing the Challenger Serious - Lady's Tournament 12th-14th March (in 2 days!) I'm a lucky late replacement to play against the strong line up of 7 other players! 8 players (2 from Rus, 3 from Cze, 1 from CHN, 1 from HUN and 1 from NZL! (Me:p) - sharing $3450 euros pool of trophy money! Going to be tough...! More details HERE :)

Live streaming of the matches here: http://challengerseries.net/content/video

chellangerseries.jpgcontent-trophy-money.jpgviewer.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Wow that is cool :D Best of luck Sarah! I believe Ambrus is a pretty strong youth player right? Is Skachova a relative from Kirill? :p

Irina Skachkova is Kirill's wife. She plays in the second division in southern Germany. So does Krisztina Ambrus (with much better results).

On paper Svetlana Ganina would seem to be the strongest player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
Hi everyone!! Thanks for the 'goodlucks'! However today the 2 players was too strong for me!! I look forward to tomorrow's 'challenges'! :)

467892_270437893033643_118852944858806_609424_2008447980_o.jpg

[the day before day 1] It was very nice to finally arrive in Ochsenhausen, after traveling for about 8 hours! It was a bad luck day to take trains, as 3 out of the 4 trains I had to take was late and it made me miss my connection trains..! The organisers sent a taxi to take me to the hotel and the competition starts 8.30 the next morning!

A new experience for me to play at the Challenger Series! The tournament is very organised and well structured. And the matches of a very high level - I played two matches today - against Li, He (CHN) and Smistikova, Martina (CZE) and lost both matches 0-3. This is a very good tournament for me before the World Championships which starts in 2 weeks time! Early start tomorrow and I look forward the matches!

They use the same flooring as the ITTF tournaments, umpire and live streaming for the matches on their website:

http://www.challengerseries.net/content/video

DSC07123.JPG

DSC07127.JPG

DSC07142.JPG

DSC07160.JPG

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
hehe... its always difficult to take an 'ID / passport' type of photo!... :S lol. but its okay because you get to see what the player looks like too through the live streaming! and yes I fought very hard today, but these players are very very good... they are in the national squad for their countries also..! But because one of the participant cancelled so i had the opportunity to fill in and of course i jumped at the chance ;) but its so difficult even tho I feel I play well its still hard to win! But this is Europe ;) I look forward to play my last two matches tomorrow at 9.10 and 11.10am. More photos to come later! Did you guys manage to catch any matches on live stream?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Saw a part of your match against Harabaszova but only a part of it cause of exam on thursday and not so much time ;)

Even if you loose your matches it'S probably a great opportunity to play against these strong players. Good luck for your last 2 matches and take as much as you can out of this experience, perhaps in the future you can participate again and then are one of the strong players ;)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Well she lost all duels, but I bet she is happy that she could play in there :)

Finals are just about to start in 5 minutes ;)

The live stream is very good, I like the way you see the players faces to the left and right of stream :)