Nittaku Fastarc G-1 on FH, Tibhar FX-P on bh on Stiga Nostalgic blade

What do i look for blade? If hard blade, soft rubbers ( EU, JAPAN). If soft blade, chinese hard rubbers?

Generally, yes. But there is a lot to consider, main things to be skill level and play style.

Looks like Nostalgic series have both Allround and Offensive versions, both being 5 ply wooden blades. I wouldn't go too soft on the forehand, so 44-47 degrees hardness should be fine(medium-hard). Nittaku FastArc G-1 has 47.5 degrees, which I personally play with on both BH and FH (can't update my Equipment in my profile for some reason, it just loads infinitely...).

Tibhar FX-P is on the softer side: 39-41 degrees, which should suit backhand side well.

Now...if you don't want to be equipment junkie, just go with Stiga Nostalgic, G-1 and FX-P. Can't say much about blade quality, but rubbers are definitely great.

I know top tier players who play with very soft rubber on both sides and they still kill everyone. I know top tier Slovak player Zoltan Lelkes personally, he plays with Stiga defensive NCT with an extremely offensive style and still kills everyone...stick with what you've chosen and spend your time on trainings.

Reactions: NextLevel and Foxy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
There is no magic formula Foxy, unfortunately. Otherwise there wouldn’t be that many rubbers and blades floating around on the market with similar prices. There are a few things you can take though

- Unless you pick something a little too far, too crazy, like fast outer carbon blade, very very hard rubber like H3 41 degree or XYZ Hard version. A choice that is not perfect won’t harm your development. You gotta work with your choice.
- Blades that are direct competitors, rubbers that are direct competitors, for you, are the same. People may say otherwise because people have tuned their feeling too far. But you are not them. So don’t be too fuzzy about the fine details.
- After a long time, if you have enough focus, your technique and feeling will change. You won’t be the same guy today. That day you may say, for example, “my backhand is a little too soft”. But that’s for it to come.

Reactions: NextLevel and Foxy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
There is no magic formula Foxy, unfortunately. Otherwise there wouldn’t be that many rubbers and blades floating around on the market with similar prices. There are a few things you can take though

- Unless you pick something a little too far, too crazy, like fast outer carbon blade, very very hard rubber like H3 41 degree or XYZ Hard version. A choice that is not perfect won’t harm your development. You gotta work with your choice.
- Blades that are direct competitors, rubbers that are direct competitors, for you, are the same. People may say otherwise because people have tuned their feeling too far. But you are not them. So don’t be too fuzzy about the fine details.
- After a long time, if you have enough focus, your technique and feeling will change. You won’t be the same guy today. That day you may say, for example, “my backhand is a little too soft”. But that’s for it to come.
Thanks, but i plays with medium hardness rubbers on my both fh bh. I want to change to harder on fh, softer on bh. That will be ok for me. Yeah, this is ma first time to getting blade rubbers are seperated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks, but i plays with medium hardness rubbers on my both fh bh. I want to change to harder on fh, softer on bh. That will be ok for me. Yeah, this is ma first time to getting blade rubbers are seperated.

Usually it doesn't make a difference what to use. You have to adapt to it and in doing so become a better player. It is almost never the equipment itself that causes this. It is almost always your training hours.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Is it good combination?

Hi Foxy, good for what?
What's your style and what are you searching?
And which level you have?
With which padle are you playing today?
Why you want to change?

When I started more than 40 years ago in France, the standard blade was Thibar B-5-7 with a speedy spin 1.5 FH and Vari Spin 1.5 BH that was the school padle for one or 2 years then a Thibar IV S and 2mm. Actually in my club for beginners in progress they recommend a Butterfly Primorac and most of the time Joola Sensitive explode both side.

If you don't know exactely I would say start with an allround + / offensive- wood, medium soft rubber both side 2.0 FH and 1.8 BH. That's an excellent base to calibrate your feeling and going in one way or other depending on your sensations.

Have a nice week end.

Reactions: Foxy