Want To Try New Rubbers For RPB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I am new to this site and I heard its good for recommendations. Recently, I was told I should switch rubbers on both FH and BH because they are getting old. I play RPB and I use a Ma Long 5 Penhold and Tenergy 05 Hard(FH) and Hurricane Neo 3 Provincial Blue Sponge (BH). I want to try out Skyline Neo 3 on FH because a lot of RPB players use it but I am not sure what to use for BH. I am open to suggestions from any price range and brand.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Are you unhappy with your rubber right now for RPB? I wouldn’t change so much in one go.

Have you also tried using the Chinese rubber on FH and your Tenergy on the BH for RPB?

I’m using DHS Skyline TG2 on FH and Skyline TG2 Neo for BH. I find it a fine combination for my game- but I tend to see the trend for Modern Penholders using tensor style rubbers for backhand.

So, going back: are you happy with the performance of your current rubber for BH?

If yes- stick with it and practice! This will be the most fruitful path for improving your RPB.

If no- then... you’ve started this thread ;) take the advice of others!

It would be extremely helpful if you could post a video of you rallying or doing some BH loops so we can advise in a more complete way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Are you unhappy with your rubber right now for RPB? I wouldn’t change so much in one go.

Have you also tried using the Chinese rubber on FH and your Tenergy on the BH for RPB?

I’m using DHS Skyline TG2 on FH and Skyline TG2 Neo for BH. I find it a fine combination for my game- but I tend to see the trend for Modern Penholders using tensor style rubbers for backhand.

So, going back: are you happy with the performance of your current rubber for BH?

If yes- stick with it and practice! This will be the most fruitful path for improving your RPB.

If no- then... you’ve started this thread ;) take the advice of others!

It would be extremely helpful if you could post a video of you rallying or doing some BH loops so we can advise in a more complete way.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying! I just wanted to try new rubbers but the performance rn is not bad. I did hear that ur suggestion of Tenergy is very popular as well on the BH so I might ask a friend who has it, if I can try it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hmm so I should play with something like Hurricane on my BH? Or should I try something different?

says Footwork footwork footwork
I use TG3-60 on my RPB. I like tacky rubber on BH for two reasons:
1- my fingers grip better due to tackiness.
2- better control than tensor. I am FH oriented so I am after consistency on BH. Tacky rubber is more consistent

I agree!

I LOVED TG3-60 as BH rubber. It was a great transition from tensor to Chinese rubber.

Almost the best of both worlds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Hmm so I should play with something like Hurricane on my BH? Or should I try something different?
There's the hurricane 3-50, it's softer and supposed to give good control, very popular for backhand. The Hurricane 3 neo 37 is decently popular too, but I think the 3-50 has a better sponge, it's red and feels similar to old tin arc. You could try both, they're not too expensive.