Switch to Chinese rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
And a couple things to remember is that chinese learns from childhood to rely more on the body weight transfer for power. They do also learn to relax more, which alows energy to flow more freely through the body (and brain).

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
And a couple things to remember is that chinese learns from childhood to rely more on the body weight transfer for power. They do also learn to relax more, which alows energy to flow more freely through the body (and brain).

Agreed, it requires some training to get the best of those. It requires contacting the ball a little bit thinner. Some training during the change will be needed, and results won't be good at the beginning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Agreed, it requires some training to get the best of those. It requires contacting the ball a little bit thinner. Some training during the change will be needed, and results won't be good at the beginning.
Exactly. It will be very exhausting. Even more reason to remember to relax the body between the hits. I recommend more training than usual in the beginning at least.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
If you're used to higher throw rubbers, I would start with a hybrid/slightly tacky, but Very grippy rubber like Palio cj8000 36-38 (medium) or 39-41 (medium-hard). Then maybe transition Into a half-tacky rubber before Going to Something from the H3 range.
OR you could just jump right into it [emoji1]

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I do not know what your quality of play is so it is difficult to give any advise..........................so I wont.

I am a 70 year old mediocre club hack with all kinds of medical handicaps and not a lot of strength.
I have the same blade as you but I have Hurricane 3 on BH and NEO on the forehand and I can still
give the ball a mighty CRACK.
I also do not have the correct "body-input", well, let's face it , I am a wreck.;)

Buying directly from China, I can get 4 Hurricanes for the price of 1 Tenergy.

You will miss the Trampoline effect but it will not take you long to adapt AND (personal opinion follows) you
will get a more """honest feel for the ball"""

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Gives you more time for the ball to stay on the bat, more power potential, and they response better to the booster. Any of those characteristics have their shortcomings. They will be less powerful when less force is applied.

And it's half the price (unless you go for smth like national stuff )

This user has no status.
I want to try it with a viscaria blade and hurricane 3 neo ( provincial, orange sponge)

I usually open slowly with a lot of effect and then try to speed up with the forehand or backhand. I also currently make few / no points with service and receive service. I hope the rubber and blade would help me with that. I have a good level in the Belgian series but nobody plays with chinese rubbers here so it is quite unknown to me.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I want to try it with a viscaria blade and hurricane 3 neo ( provincial, orange sponge)

I usually open slowly with a lot of effect and then try to speed up with the forehand or backhand. I also currently make few / no points with service and receive service. I hope the rubber and blade would help me with that. I have a good level in the Belgian series but nobody plays with chinese rubbers here so it is quite unknown to me.
And of course some extra practice will Also help. If you have the posibilty to get an extra 30 min at practice, then spend that time on service, if you don't already do this of course :)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Not exactly advantages, more like shooting in RAW mode. You get a minimally processed input/output, compared to High-Tensioned rubbers by Butterfly and Tensors by ESN. At first, it'd be like driving without power steering. It puts a lot of strain on the user, per se, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be amazed by the "cultural gap" and realize/appreciate/swear how the CNT is such a "bully". :cool:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...th-hurricane-3&p=291831&viewfull=1#post291831

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Get a commercial Neo H3 for $20. It will get you started. Nothing come close to H3 spin.

Don't agree with the last part. I think that Battle 2 has a comparable spin to at least <= provincial Hurricane. I think it's best I found for us mere mortals. Jupiter 2 is also great. Also, I wouldn't aim for too hard of a rubber. I think that something with a hardness of about 39 Shore A ready to play is a sweet spot. (If I buy unboosted rubber I go for 40 If go for pre-boosted rubber that I don't want to boost I would go for 39). But that is very much individual.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
If you want a smoother transition, go for Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg or something like that. I think that's a good rubber on the way to DHS Hurricane 3 41 deg. In my opininon, the harder Chinese rubbers demand a stiffer carbon blade to get the full potential out of 'em.

I don’t think that it’s totally true that the harder Chinese rubbers ‘demand’ a stiff carbon blade, when first starting out / learning I think an all wood all round blade is usually preferred for the beginners by their coaches. this way they can learn the technique better, then once a certain skill level has been reached, an upgrade in blade takes place, usually for a faster blade, possibly carbon, possible all wood.
The Viscaria is popular and has been used by many players, but some prefer all wood versions, and I think they like to retain good ‘feel’ through the blade, and some flex. Long 5 is fast(ish) carbon blade but has softer feel than many carbon blades. Long 3 is all wood and has a reputation for being excellent for Chinese rubbers.
But with blades it’s really a personal preference that counts!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I don’t think that it’s totally true that the harder Chinese rubbers ‘demand’ a stiff carbon blade, when first starting out / learning I think an all wood all round blade is usually preferred for the beginners by their coaches. this way they can learn the technique better, then once a certain skill level has been reached, an upgrade in blade takes place, usually for a faster blade, possibly carbon, possible all wood.
The Viscaria is popular and has been used by many players, but some prefer all wood versions, and I think they like to retain good ‘feel’ through the blade, and some flex. Long 5 is fast(ish) carbon blade but has softer feel than many carbon blades. Long 3 is all wood and has a reputation for being excellent for Chinese rubbers.
But with blades it’s really a personal preference that counts!!
I could imagine that a head-heavy 5.8 - 6 mm all-wood blade could be quite ideal (not for children though) as well. You'll get more Energy transfered from the weight when the blade flexes when looping. For a tacky rubber that already holds they ball pretty well, a lively flexy blade probably wouldn't be an issue. Of course a blade with harder outers than limba will give some more directness behind the rubbers as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I could imagine that a head-heavy 5.8 - 6 mm all-wood blade could be quite ideal (not for children though) as well. You'll get more Energy transfered from the weight when the blade flexes when looping. For a tacky rubber that already holds they ball pretty well, a lively flexy blade probably wouldn't be an issue. Of course a blade with harder outers than limba will give some more directness behind the rubbers as well.

I've tried a couple of combinations but only ALL all wood 5ply blade was too slow (it was exhausting as heck) was fine. Yinhe V14 and Ovtcharov No.1 Senso / Innerforce ALC were my favorites in terms of pairing with such rubbers.