Loki N80 & Arthur Europe Diamond Rubbers

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I Received 2 more Loki rubbers this evening, the N80, which is meant to be Wang Hal’s choice of rubber and the Arthur Europe Diamond.

This is just a 1st impressions post whit a review of how they play to follow once the boosting process has finished.

LOKI N80 nano.

Packaging for the N80 was probably the highest quality packaging I’ve seen!! The rubber comes in a box, when you open up, there is a plastic tray holding the sheet with a stylish sheet of printed paper hiding the sheet!!

The sheet itself has a protective film covering over the top sheet, orange hard sponge, very similar to H3 / H3 Neo Provincial (without the booster/ glue gloss which is present on the H3 Neo Provincial) hard sponge.

Top sheet feels very tacky, is a fairly bright glossy red colour, the quality of the sponge and top sheet looks TOP NOTCH!!!! It feels very tacky!!!

I’ve decided to apply some coats of Falco Long Term booster to the sponge. Tonight I applied 1 thin layer of glue and the 1st coat of booster. So it will be a while before I can glue to a blade.

I’ve been waiting for this rubber for a couple of weeks and am really looking forward to see how it performs, first impressions look really good!!!;);)

16C9B68C-D2A4-481C-9A70-7BEBB736413D.jpg
325D25BC-65AC-4621-B2E8-303F2E2D6E5B.jpg
843EC08C-1288-4056-8568-288DA4564A96.jpg
1415DEFD-D2D4-4DCB-9697-1A1A64D6EBF6.jpg

ARTHUR EUROPE DIAMOND.

So far I’ve been trying out the Arthur Asia and Europe rubbers, these are both tacky rubbers and perform really well!!
The Arthur Europe Diamond differs in that the top sheet is NON Tacky
Diameter of pore - Large
Density of pore - Medium
Sponge - Hard
This is the same as the tacky Europe version, looks like it’s the same black sponge.

Top sheet is definitely NON tacky but still comes with a protective film.

I have glued this onto a blade and the bounce is typical of an ESN sponge.

Quality looks very good, the top sheet feels very grippy!!

Again I’ve been looking forward to trying this rubber as I believe it’s the only NON tacky rubber in the Loki range!!;);)

068A73C4-BA26-4D3F-B6E0-942BDFCD6351.jpg
F3DE5CBA-9B5A-4998-BCF6-027DF7735A8A.jpg

Looking forward to posting a review of how both these rubbers play very soon !!!

Hi yogi I dont want to make a whole new thread just to make a simple question, but how does vega x compares to rakza x, playing on backhand side?

Dude you should make a new thread. Hijacking a thread is disrespect to the OP.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I am curious about those rubbers as well. By any chance did measure the weight?

No I didn’t weight them, the Arthur is lighter than the N80.

I have applied 2 coats of Falco long term booster to the N80, 1st coat last night, it was dry this morning, so applied 2nd coat, this had dried and the sheet had domed nicely during the day!! Sweet!! Glued the N80 this evening while still domed, 4 layers DHS no 15 glue, 2 on blade 2 on rubber. Held easily.

Tackiness has reduced on the N80, holds the ball for about 1 sec max, less than the other Arthur Asia and Europe rubbers. (The Europe Diamond is non tacky)

Bounce test with protective films in place - bounce was very similar, Euro diamond slightly bouncier, only slightly.
Bounce test without protective films - Euro diamond, bouncy typical of ESN, maybe very slightly less. N80 was a slight surprise, possibly because boosting still fresh, bounced more than boosted H3 provincial 37 degree and I would say the same as or very similar to D09C maybe a bounce more even though it’s tackier. I ‘ll re test again tomorrow when I try them out with robot / serve practice session.

Reactions: Kolev
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
So tried both rubbers tonight, limited time quick training session of about 1hr 20 mins.

The blade I have glued the rubbers to is one of my old Tamca 5000’s, which is a pretty quick blade! For comparison purposes I have another Tamca blade with BTY Aibiss on both sides.
Later, in a week or so I’ll put AED and N80 rubbers on an all round all wood blade.

Brief post, to early to really comment.

AED was excellent for Topspin loop v backspin !!! I was really surprised how consistent I performed with this rubber against backspin ( better than the N80, but I used AED first which could effect performance with the N80, because they are like chalk and cheese, as it were!!!;))
N80 is looking like it’s up there with the H3’s and Battle 2’s etc

So tried both rubbers tonight, limited time quick training session of about 1hr 20 mins.

The blade I have glued the rubbers to is one of my old Tamca 5000’s, which is a pretty quick blade! For comparison purposes I have another Tamca blade with BTY Aibiss on both sides.
Later, in a week or so I’ll put AED and N80 rubbers on an all round all wood blade.

Brief post, to early to really comment.

AED was excellent for Topspin loop v backspin !!! I was really surprised how consistent I performed with this rubber against backspin ( better than the N80, but I used AED first which could effect performance with the N80, because they are like chalk and cheese, as it were!!!;))
N80 is looking like it’s up there with the H3’s and Battle 2’s etc
Wow that is a very heavy setup due to the aibiss both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I’ve decided to apply some coats of Falco Long Term booster to the sponge. Tonight I applied 1 thin layer of glue and the 1st coat of booster. So it will be a while before I can glue to a blade.

Lockdown 2.0 has just ended and IB66 is seen already back to his business!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Wow that is a very heavy setup due to the aibiss both sides.

Yeah, Aibiss sponge is dense, I could feel the difference between the 2 set ups. not sure why, but I don’t really mind heavy set ups, even when they are quite head heavy, the Tamca blade is well balanced though so it’s heavy but not head heavy.
I could also feel the different weight distribution between the N80 & AED.

2 extremes - current set up of Dotec blade (balsa core, cork handle 75grms) with R48 & Rakza Z felt so light after using the Aibiss set up!!

Didn’t get a chance to get the photos of sponge tonight, got a days holiday tomorrow so I’ll sort them out then.;)

View attachment 22585

Hi Yogi, cut edges of rubber and sponge, black sponge AED, Orange N80

Thanks. They do look like older esn sponges but can you please check in the box if they have any made in germany label?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Thanks. They do look like older esn sponges but can you please check in the box if they have any made in germany label?

No made in Germany label on packaging, there was an additional sticker on the outer plastic wrap, but this is in the bin!!
The sponge used on the AED rubber has a lot of jargon in 5 languages on the packaging-
Internal Carbon Force (ICF) sponge. Inherent carbon strength, superior rebound performance, Environmental-friendly, Free of chemical odor.