Andro blade Treiber Q

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Hello guys. Rookie player here. I bought an ANDRO TREIBER Q BLADE because I saw very good reviews about it, probably a few. I bought it in Korea online store. Even though I've read at forums that this blade has been discontinued by andro I still bought it. The. When the blade arrived I was a bit disappointed because The box was cheaply made and there's a sticker thats says made in China. I've set it up with andro 42 rasanter in Fh and Xiom Vega Euro in Bh based on reviews because it was stated that this rubbers are good for developing players. I am playing it for almost a month now at practice (usually shadow play and bounce and hit the ball) I can put the Balls on the table with low arcs but in match plays with a very aggressive opponent when I swing softly it ends in the net and when I swing hard I have 40% chance it goes in and mostly outside the table. My point here is, does anyone have this kind of blade out there? I'm not sure if I can feel the ball. But when I hit at the center of the blade i have this very good feeling of wood and rubber in hard swings and when softly swinging just rubber can't feel the blade and it has thus weird feeling probably this is called vibration? Not that sure.

Can anyone help me with this?
.i know i probably made the wrong choice of equipment but I think I'm getting hang of it.

Probably my player rating is Zero. Hehe ????
I'm just a developing player who need to know more about the proper strokes.

Don't judge me guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Hello guys. Rookie player here. I bought an ANDRO TREIBER Q BLADE because I saw very good reviews about it, probably a few. I bought it in Korea online store. Even though I've read at forums that this blade has been discontinued by andro I still bought it. The. When the blade arrived I was a bit disappointed because The box was cheaply made and there's a sticker thats says made in China. I've set it up with andro 42 rasanter in Fh and Xiom Vega Euro in Bh based on reviews because it was stated that this rubbers are good for developing players. I am playing it for almost a month now at practice (usually shadow play and bounce and hit the ball) I can put the Balls on the table with low arcs but in match plays with a very aggressive opponent when I swing softly it ends in the net and when I swing hard I have 40% chance it goes in and mostly outside the table. My point here is, does anyone have this kind of blade out there? I'm not sure if I can feel the ball. But when I hit at the center of the blade i have this very good feeling of wood and rubber in hard swings and when softly swinging just rubber can't feel the blade and it has thus weird feeling probably this is called vibration? Not that sure.

.i know i probably made the wrong choice of equipment but I think I'm getting hang of it.

Don't judge me guys.

If you want, get a decent 5-ply. Personally, I would just, keep playing. If your technique is right, the ball will land on the table. When Covid settles sign in into a club, and do as much multiball as you can. When you shadow practice try practicing with both a video feed of a known good player and a mirror. Make sure what you are doing is right. Shadow practice without checking will only make the technique worse.

The blade you got is somewhat similar to Viscaria which is a very fast blade. Very fast rebound. It needs both skill and some getting used to. Your strokes must be precise and confident. If you hesitate or contact ball too slow and too thick it will go out.

Don't judge me guys.

I had Andro Treiber Q and it's definitely faster than Viscaria/Hurricane Long 5, which are used by the top professional players.

It has koto outer ply and a carbon layer right after. Not ALC, plain fast bouncy carbon.

To develop your strokes you definitely should switch to something slower. Butterfly Petr Korbel / Primorac are good candidates.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I had Andro Treiber Q and it's definitely faster than Viscaria/Hurricane Long 5, which are used by the top professional players.

It has koto outer ply and a carbon layer right after. Not ALC, plain fast bouncy carbon.

To develop your strokes you definitely should switch to something slower. Butterfly Petr Korbel / Primorac are good candidates.

I agree, the Treiber Q is too fast and especially too hard for a beginner, even for an intermediate player.

I recommend OP gets a 5-ply all-wood blade in the ALL+ to OFF- spectrum which will give him more control and feel in order to develop his game with confidence: Butterfly Korbel, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Xiom Allround S, Stiga Allround or Offensive Classic, Andro Timber 5 ALL/S, Joola Xylo 5.

For rubbers, the Andro Rasanter is very bouncy so probably not the best, if you can't control it it will overshoot. The Xiom Vega Europe in 2.0mm on both sides would be a good choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Thank you for your response for my post. as you know, I am at sea. A seafarer and table tennis is one of my many ways to exercise and I've developed a love for it that's why I practice hard and to defeat the very aggressive player I've mentioned ????????.

You are right a friend of mine mentioned that andro Q is more of a viscaria blade.

Also, every now and then I record myself while doing drills such as 2 bh and fh and 4 pt. Forehand drill since I've developed alove for TT. I can see some progress from my previous videos till now. For instance the earlier videos i can see my bat changing angles as I do my fh strokes and now I can maintain that plain of stroke.

But I'm not sure if I'm developing the correct/proper strokes also so I'll follow your advice in finding someone to coach me so that I'll improve my skills in TT.

I appreciate your comment on my post.
Thank you very much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

Yes sir. I bought myself a bty. Petr Korbel with bty. Rozena on both sides and on my shadow I can feel the difference between the handle and the crisp of hittinf the ball. Sure p. Korbel is slower than Andro Q. But I guess I'll sticj with it until I gain full control of my strokes.

Thanks for your help and comment. ????
I appreciate it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
If you want, get a decent 5-ply. Personally, I would just, keep playing. If your technique is right, the ball will land on the table. When Covid settles sign in into a club, and do as much multiball as you can. When you shadow practice try practicing with both a video feed of a known good player and a mirror. Make sure what you are doing is right. Shadow practice without checking will only make the technique worse.

The blade you got is somewhat similar to Viscaria which is a very fast blade. Very fast rebound. It needs both skill and some getting used to. Your strokes must be precise and confident. If you hesitate or contact ball too slow and too thick it will go out.

Thank you for your response for my post. as you know, I am at sea. A seafarer and table tennis is one of my many ways to exercise and I've developed a love for it that's why I practice hard and to defeat the very aggressive player I've mentioned ????????.

You are right a friend of mine mentioned that andro Q is more of a viscaria blade.

Also, every now and then I record myself while doing drills such as 2 bh and fh and 4 pt. Forehand drill since I've developed alove for TT. I can see some progress from my previous videos till now. For instance the earlier videos i can see my bat changing angles as I do my fh strokes and now I can maintain that plain of stroke.

But I'm not sure if I'm developing the correct/proper strokes also so I'll follow your advice in finding someone to coach me so that I'll improve my skills in TT.

I appreciate your comment on my post.
Thank you very much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
I agree, the Treiber Q is too fast and especially too hard for a beginner, even for an intermediate player.

I recommend OP gets a 5-ply all-wood blade in the ALL+ to OFF- spectrum which will give him more control and feel in order to develop his game with confidence: Butterfly Korbel, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Xiom Allround S, Stiga Allround or Offensive Classic, Andro Timber 5 ALL/S, Joola Xylo 5.

For rubbers, the Andro Rasanter is very bouncy so probably not the best, if you can't control it it will overshoot. The Xiom Vega Europe in 2.0mm on both sides would be a good choice.

Thank you for your respond sir.
As you know I bought another set-up which is Bty. Petr Korbel with rozena on both sides to develop my confidence in my strokes. I'll sticj with the is set-up until I control my strokes in my shots.

I'll just hide and wrapped my andro Q for now????

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thank you for your respond sir.
As you know I bought another set-up which is Bty. Petr Korbel with rozena on both sides to develop my confidence in my strokes. I'll sticj with the is set-up until I control my strokes in my shots.

I'll just hide and wrapped my andro Q for now????

Korbel is an excellent blade, plenty fast enough, that's why some pros use it. Coupled with Rozena on both sides, it's an excellent setup for developing your strokes.
In 2-3 years, you can stay with the Korbel and upgrade your rubbers to Tenergy.
Enjoy the game and process!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Your story somehow reminded me of Sam Dance's in this podcast: The Expert Table Tennis Podcast | #41 – Sam Dance: Karaoke, Patrick Franziska, and Local League on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-riuzp-236763f

Do you already have some favorite strokes or a sense of what your playing style could be? Got the impression you want to counter that agressive player by also playing aggressively (guessing a bit from the speed of your racket). If I may give some unsoliticed advice over the internet then one of the best things to mess up the consistency of a player always attacking you is placement. If you mix up the angles, short, long, into the body (aim at his elbow) you may see how the opponent suddenly misses or his powerful strokes fall apart.

Have fun!

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Korbel is an excellent blade, plenty fast enough, that's why some pros use it. Coupled with Rozena on both sides, it's an excellent setup for developing your strokes.

I'm glad to hear from you sir. Now I played 2 weeks with my Petr korbel and rozena set-up and I can see a huge difference in the speed and control as well as the feeling. With my Andro it's less forgiving if you won't hit the ball with the precise stroke but with my new set-up I can have a better confidence in my strokes because it's more forgiving. Sure I lost the speed from andro but in return I have more control and a decent speed with Korbel. I'll definitely stick with this set-up. Many thanks to you Thomas.Pong

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

Your story somehow reminded me of Sam Dance's in this podcast: The Expert Table Tennis Podcast | #41 – Sam Dance: Karaoke, Patrick Franziska, and Local League on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-riuzp-236763f

Do you already have some favorite strokes or a sense of what your playing style could be? Got the impression you want to counter that agressive player by also playing aggressively (guessing a bit from the speed of your racket). If I may give some unsoliticed advice over the internet then one of the best things to mess up the consistency of a player always attacking you is placement. If you mix up the angles, short, long, into the body (aim at his elbow) you may see how the opponent suddenly misses or his powerful strokes fall apart.

Have fun!

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Thank you for this Good advice of your sir Phorkyas. As to my strokes I can usually score with my Bh punch or fh Topspins because the player I've mentioned can't quite handle the incoming spin. I don't know yet my playing style because to be honest, my Topspins and strokes aren't that consistent hhehe. What I mean is sometimes I feel the pressure with our match play and the player I've mentioned taunts a lot. If I loose my calmness and gets triggered from his taunts then I will definitely lose. Also during our plays, if I am calm enough and just keep the ball on the table and let him make mistakes that's when I win. He's using a V.grip and has Forehand. But his more of an experienced player than I am today. He has good footwork and control and he sees my attacks. What I do most is mix up my serves (which sometimes it's still jerky) and attack when he gives me high and long ball that I can topsin heavily that way he'll block and the ball just flies out the table. But if I give him fh drives and he sees it he'll just give me a fast block or he gives me placement side to side to that I won't recover quickly.

In short what I do to win is give him a chop block in my wide bh and fh Topspins.

I'm not yet good at giving placements during my fh strokes. Can you tell me if I'm doing okay?

Thank you so much for your advice sir Phorkyas.

God bless.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I'm glad to hear from you sir. Now I played 2 weeks with my Petr korbel and rozena set-up and I can see a huge difference in the speed and control as well as the feeling. With my Andro it's less forgiving if you won't hit the ball with the precise stroke but with my new set-up I can have a better confidence in my strokes because it's more forgiving. Sure I lost the speed from andro but in return I have more control and a decent speed with Korbel. I'll definitely stick with this set-up. Many thanks to you Thomas.Pong

Good to hear. It's a very good setup with plenty speed that will really give you confidence and help you become a better player. You will learn in time to add speed to your game by using your legs and core more, shifting power from one side to the other.

Practice hard and enjoy!