DHS long 5x vs King 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello, I am looking to buy new blade. I saw a lot of products and I picked my 2 favourites, DHS Hurricane Long 5x and DHS Hurricane King 3. Can You guys tell me what are the differences between these blades? I read that King 3 is slower but has more control than Long 5x but I would like to know more differences between these two. Thanks for help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I am a typical, close to table offensive player but I am just asking to tell me differences between these two blades.

Hurricane King 3 seems to have some form of hard wood on top layer. Is that koto? I've seen some listings including glass fiber which Long 5X does not seem to include.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hurricane King 3 seems to have some form of hard wood on top layer. Is that koto? I've seen some listings including glass fiber which Long 5X does not seem to include.

Ok so lets say I will buy 5x just because I dont know much about king 3. What rubbers should I use on 5x? tacky, hard or doesnt matter and all will be good. I mean I know that I can play with any rubber on any blade but what I mean is is there a type of rubber long 5x is made for?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Ok so lets say I will buy 5x just because I dont know much about king 3. What rubbers should I use on 5x? tacky, hard or doesnt matter and all will be good. I mean I know that I can play with any rubber on any blade but what I mean is is there a type of rubber long 5x is made for?

I have Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso, same as Long V (exactly same, to the 0.1mm). For FH i use 40 deg Battle 2, for BH i used Victas v01 stiff and now use Gewo el pro 48. Works like a charm (for BH i might like v01 a bit more. I doubt those few extra fractions of a mm on the core will make a difference in regards to "rubber compatibility".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I like hard rubbers like xiom sigma II pro. I used to have it on my fh and bh but unfortunately I destroyed the fh one on my training and I am using reactor thunder right now but I think I will go back to sigma II pro on both sides when I will buy new blade. Do You think that 5x will work fine with hard rubbers or should I go for viscaria or something in this type for rubbers like sigma II pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I like hard rubbers like xiom sigma II pro. I used to have it on my fh and bh but unfortunately I destroyed the fh one on my training and I am using reactor thunder right now but I think I will go back to sigma II pro on both sides when I will buy new blade. Do You think that 5x will work fine with hard rubbers or should I go for viscaria or something in this type for rubbers like sigma II pro?

I think it will be just fine, but the only way to find out is to try it. Although I think Sigma 2 Pro should be in the neighborhood of the Gewo EL Pro 48 and should be totally fine, heck, what do I know...

If not for the pandemic I would just invite you to Cracow to let you try both my Donic and my V14 pro so that you can get your own opinion. If you want to know what you like for cheap, scour the internet for used DHS Fang Bo B2 (close enough to Long V) and Yinhe V14 Pro (close enough to Viscaria, although some say not as good, while I kindly disagree, it's faster than Viscaria though). The new Yinhe Pro 01 ALC should be closer to Viscaria because it has a thinner core than the V14 Pro.

The thread mentioned earlier. https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?21744-w968-8

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
If you want to build some kind of approximate mental map of blades, and how they relate to each other, look at ttgearlab.com. But you already narrowed your focus. I think your range is very good, but it is actually pointless to say. Also I only speak from my very limited knowledge, because there are thousands others.

I'd also buy the cheaper version first. If I want to try Long 5X, I'd buy DHS PG5X or Fang Bo B2X, if I want to try Viscaria, I'd buy Yinhe Pro 01 ALC, as Kuba suggested. Or buy both - that is the only way to be sure.

I have a question. If you buy Long 5X, and you like it, will you not have a doubt now, that Viscaria feels better?

Here is one thing I'm not sure about - I tried DHS PG5 and I didn't like it much (I don't regret buying it), never tried Fang Bo B2 or Long 5 or Ovtcharov No. 1 Senso. Perhaps it was just my blade, or perhaps it is simply too cheap. I just want to warn you, because also maybe DHS PG5X will be worse than its more expensive mirrors.

Can someone compare DHS PG5 with Fang Bo B2 or Long 5?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Donic Otcharov No.1 Senso is more like higher grade of Long V. I don't know whether it is suppose to be like Commercial, Provincial or National, but it does feel like a above commercial quality blade. It feels impeccable. I think that cheaper non sensor version is suppose to be placed against Long V commercial. I am not sure though.

I may be getting the Yasaka Atletico Power in a few weeks, but I won't be able to play at all for next month or two.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
If you want to build some kind of approximate mental map of blades, and how they relate to each other, look at ttgearlab.com. But you already narrowed your focus. I think your range is very good, but it is actually pointless to say. Also I only speak from my very limited knowledge, because there are thousands others.

I'd also buy the cheaper version first. If I want to try Long 5X, I'd buy DHS PG5X or Fang Bo B2X, if I want to try Viscaria, I'd buy Yinhe Pro 01 ALC, as Kuba suggested. Or buy both - that is the only way to be sure.

I have a question. If you buy Long 5X, and you like it, will you not have a doubt now, that Viscaria feels better?

Here is one thing I'm not sure about - I tried DHS PG5 and I didn't like it much (I don't regret buying it), never tried Fang Bo B2 or Long 5 or Ovtcharov No. 1 Senso. Perhaps it was just my blade, or perhaps it is simply too cheap. I just want to warn you, because also maybe DHS PG5X will be worse than its more expensive mirrors.

Can someone compare DHS PG5 with Fang Bo B2 or Long 5?

You know what, I also thought about buying pg5x and see if it suits me but then I thought that I dont have enough money to spend 45 euro (rubbers included) just to see if the other blade is ok for me :D I will wait a little because I am not in hurry to buy new blade but thanks for Your advices guys :)

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You know what, I also thought about buying pg5x and see if it suits me but then I thought that I dont have enough money to spend 45 euro (rubbers included) just to see if the other blade is ok for me :D I will wait a little because I am not in hurry to buy new blade but thanks for Your advices guys :)

Good decision.

PS: PG5X is 28$ not 45€ (45€ = 54$, that is twice as much as you claimed). Why do you include rubbers? Just reglue them.

I have Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso, same as Long V (exactly same, to the 0.1mm). For FH i use 40 deg Battle 2, for BH i used Victas v01 stiff and now use Gewo el pro 48. Works like a charm (for BH i might like v01 a bit more. I doubt those few extra fractions of a mm on the core will make a difference in regards to "rubber compatibility".

Donic Otcharov No.1 Senso is more like higher grade of Long V. I don't know whether it is suppose to be like Commercial, Provincial or National, but it does feel like a above commercial quality blade. It feels impeccable. I think that cheaper non sensor version is suppose to be placed against Long V commercial. I am not sure though.

I may be getting the Yasaka Atletico Power in a few weeks, but I won't be able to play at all for next month or two.

You mentioned that Donic Ovtcharov/Original No. 1 Senso is the same as DHS Long 5 but the outer veneer is already different, Ayous vs Limba.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You mentioned that Donic Ovtcharov/Original No. 1 Senso is the same as DHS Long 5 but the outer veneer is already different, Ayous vs Limba.
Mine definitely has limba ;)
IMG_20200908_081753.jpgHurricane-Long-5.jpg

Last edited: